cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conection to host sapservicesapdp01 timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have installed SAP 4.7 in XP and SAPGUI in another system . When i am hitting enter key to SAPLogon Pad i am getting error " Conection to host sapservicesapdp01 timeout", .Kindly help me in this what things i have to do .....

I have tried with the logon pad were i installed SAP 4.7C (XP Server) ... there i am easily able to login and can do task ...but from SAPGui were i installed i am getting above problem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in console check the server is in running state means in mmc green.check any firewall is there.also chek connection parameters.then u try

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajai

All services are running and all are in green state .

One thing i was not having SAPGUI software, i took it from were i installed 4.7c there i get front end folder and just took that one....and there is no firewell in my server its standalone server....

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Check for the entries you hv made in the sapgui.

Description...........Development (or as you like)

Application Server........IP address or name of the server where SAP is installed

SystemID .......system id of yr sap system say D01 or P01 asit may be in your case

System Number ....00 (as may be in your case).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You saplogon pad is not configured properly.

sapservicesapdp01 is obviously not a host name but a mixup of the dispatcher service and sapservice.

Recreate correctly your entry in saplogon pad and it should work...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier

Entry is ok

One thing i was not having SAPGUI software, i took it from were i installed 4.7c there i get front end and just took that one....and there is no firewell in my server

its standalone server

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are installed it on WIN XP then check your windows XP firewall by default is is on if you already turn it off then ignore this or just make sure any antivirus program is running which might be stop your connection.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to command prompt.then ping the server name.it is getting respone.no fire wall is there.

regards

ajai