Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning terms and conditions to pur. gr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello people,

I have a requirement from a client as below:

Currently when a buyer creates a PO and they want to attach their terms and conditions they go to the header of the po & click on the TEXTS tab. Next they select the HEADER TEXT called HEADER TEXT & double click in the selection box. They are now in the CHANGE HEADER TEXT screen. Finally they click on the INSERT menu at the top of the screen, then select CLIPBOARD & then select USER CLIPBOARDS 1 to 5 (Normally each buyer has two or three clipboards set up with different terms & conditions) Once selected these terms and conditions appear on the PO.

What my client wants is for a particular set of terms & conditions to be allocated against a purchasing group so that when a buyer creates a PO the terms and conditions are automatically set up in the HEADER TEXT of the po.

Has anyone worked on situation like this before and if yes how can i do it?

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

vaibhav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

rwarri1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using contracts, the texts can be copied over. Else look for a user-exit You can code it to copy pur. grp specific standard texts. May require to read this from a custom table so that it will be easier to maintain. If hard-coded, you will have to modify everytime a p.grp changes.

Cheers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is there any user exit for pur. grp specific standard texts?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

We had similar requirement with one of our clients.

There were Purchase groups/Buyers which were set up based on the purchasing document types.

They had fixed Buyer specific terms, conditions and some messages for the POs issued from them to their vendors.

We developed a covering page which will be faxed along with PO in SAP to Vendors.

This was done with an external software which enables document fax delivery via Genifax from SAP R/3 using two tools. These are the Genifax SAP connector and SAP connect.

Plz refer the below link:

http://sspcatalog.sap.com/catalog/details.jsp?id=R527&ref=%2Fcatalog%2Fresults.jsp%3Fps%3D1%26Soluti...

Plz let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Rao,

Very Happy Diwali to you.

Thanks for the information below but this component is outside SAP right?

is it possible to have some solution within SAP?

May be some ABAP coding or something else.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

After making several attempts with in SAP, our client preferred to go with Genifax message server which is an external software from STR software (a third party tool).

When we don't find a solution with in SAP for certain business requirements, we can always use third party tools which are partnered with SAP.

All of the new dimension products of SAP like SRM, CRM, ETC are interfacing of SAP with external software.

Meanwhile, if you find any solution with in SAP, plz let us know.

Thanks,

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Sir!

I will let you know once i find something but truly speaking looks clumsy within SAP.

But can i know what are all the possibilities that your team tried out for the same before saying that it was impossible from only SAP perspective.

Thanks and regards,

vaibhav.