cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocate material to a specific order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help in material allocation for orders.

Question: "How to allocate material to a specific order" - in cases of total shipment orders, where the material needs to be available and "allocated" for all ordered parts before we are able to dispatch the goods.

Please give your suggestions and ideas.

thanks,

Meyyappan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Lakshmipathi. but these items are not Make-to-Order so that may not be a ideal solution.

let me explain the requirement in bit more detail

assume there are two items in the order 1 & 2, when i create the order item# 1 is available and item# 2 is not available. since it is a total shipment order i have to wait for the item# 2 to be available, when item# 2 becomes available the item# 1 gets allocated to a different order. so we want to reserve the stock for item# 1 till item# 2 become available and then do a total shipments.

thanks,

Meyyappan.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meyyappan

In that case, I think <b>V_V2</b> will work for you.

When you reschedule (transaction V_V2), orders that contain items determined in product selection are reevaluated. If the substitution settings have changed, or there is more product available, the system may determine other substitutes. This may result in products being promised to the customer other than those agreed to at the time of order entry. To avoid this, you can set the fixed date and qty indicator in the order (choose Goto --> Item --> Schedule lines). The system will not take the order account when rescheduling.

Items determined in product selection are only considered in a rescheduling run when you have set the input parameters to include all materials. If you specify only certain materials, main and sub-items from product selection are excluded.

The fixed date and quantity indicator does not influence product selection in the delivery.

If a product selection item has been partially delivered, the system does not take it into account in rescheduling runs.

Thanks and if this really helps you, dont forget to reward points please.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meyyappan

Make To Order scenario will work. Alternatively, if you want to reserve stock for a particular order and PGI to be done at a later date, go to VL01N and just save the delivery.

Stock will now be reserved against this specific order and in MMBE whatever quantity shows it includes this reserved quantity.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi