cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in earlywatch report generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, i installed a solution manager 4.0 sp12 and i would like to configure EWA self service using Solman 4.0.

I did these steps in the configuration:

A. In the satellite systems i configured the sld, using rz70, and connect the system to the sap gateway of solman.

B. Maintained SMSY and create the required trusted RFC connections from SM to satellite system. All connection and authorization passed in SM59. I used SAP_ALL/SDCCN_ALL role and assigned objects S_RFC*.

C. Assigned the system to a logical system.

D. Created the a new solution and activate "Solutions Monitoring > Earlywatch Alert"

E. Activated and maintained required RFC in SDCCN in satallite system.

F. I executed the rtcctool in the satellite system and all was ok.

G:I executed the SESSION_REFRESH in the satellite system, the session finisched successfully but it did not send the data to the solution manager.

Did I miss out any steps. Can any one share any help ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

do you have a red flag in transaction dswp under EWA reports? If you don't have a red flag or the sign for being scheduled for that satellite system, then you need to create it first.

If there is a red flag you should get this text:

Dates for this session are overdue

The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number:

Besides the steps you have actived SDCCN in transaction SMSY under Environment? It needs to be activated from SolMan itself.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this:

In satellite call sdccn:

•Choose the session number for the EarlyWatch Alert service

•Press the “Download” button

•Choose “Start task immediately”

When the data collection has been finished (check through Session -> Display -> Message Log: the last message must be “Data transfer completed”), go back to the SAP Solution Manager

In the SAP Solution Manager system:

•Go to transaction DSWP

•Choose the Solution Landscape created for the service

•Goto “SAP Technology” -> “Monitoring” in the Operations

•Refresh

•The icon for the service will be changed to [bottle]

•Choose “SAP Solution Manager” -> “Start Service Processing” -> OK

•To monitor the background job click System -> Own jobs.

When the background job has finished, the SAP EarlyWatch Alert report should be available. Click the Refresh button to see the rating of the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you did not miss any step. I was going through same thing. You have to wait. It takes time to come up.

Maybe you have missed one step.

go to solman 4, > go to tcode dswp> Select you environment > Operations setup > Solution Landscape Maintenance > click solution settings tab, make sure you define a day, usually it's monday.> then click setup EWA> check the boxes, if its production, then check both boxes so it can go to sap too..

Also, Have you schedulled jobs? need to do that too. follow the note 894279..

Thanks,