Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of changed history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a ztable and a corresponding tcode for it.Now i want to track all the original values that are changed, the deleted values, and the person changing these values.

If i use transaction SCDO (change documents objects)

How to create the elements and where to call the function module.

Please Help.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AUT10 is a reporting tool used to display the different kinds of logs such as table log, change log and long text log.

Steps involved

1. Creation of change document

Create a change document using transaction SCDO and mention the name of the table you want to log. On generating the change document, it will create includes and FM. You use this FM in the program to log the changes which are going to be made programmatically.

2. Configuration for Logging.

Go to transaction AUT01. Click on own assignment to list the custom assignments. Click on the change document number and the database table.

Configure which fields in the database table must be logged by selecting logging check box

3. Displaying the logging.

Go to transaction AUT10. Use the selection screen, to filter the number of records. On executing you will get a screen with two ALV namely output of table logs and output change documents.

Output of table logs

This ALV represents the list of changes made to the database table using transaction SM30.

Output Change documents

This ALV represents the list of changes made to the database table using our program.

Reward points if useful,

regards,

Niyaz

0 Kudos

Hi Niyaz,

Can u tell me...

Where to call the FM created in SCDO.( z_xxx_write_Document)

0 Kudos

Hi,

u need to call the FM in the program where u modify the contents of the database. u need to pass the old value and the new value.

to know where the table is used, click on where used list. u will find all the places where this table is used.

For example, if the table name is ZTEST. In the program, u might have modified the table like this

Modify ZTEST from it_ztest.

U need pass the old content of the ztest and the new value (it_ztest) to the FM.

Regards,

Niyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to call the FM created in SCDO.( z_xxx_write_Document)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this online document on how to setup change document step by step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ferry Lianto