cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alv or table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I ask myself if it would be better to use a table or a alv for the following scenario:

At runtime I create via bapi´s a table which contains texts, checkboxes and dropdownlists.

Each row should get an additional checkbox at the beginning or end (flag if the user wanted to change the row of the selected checkbox). multiple selections of the changing-flag-checkboxes should be possible.

if one column in a row has changed and the checkbox for changing the row is aktivated then a disabled button for the final making of the changes (writing changed data in tables etc.) will be enabled.

my questions:

1. Do I need dropdownbykey or dropdownbyvalue if the user should change the value in the rows? the changes should change the context and should be written in a database table.

2. Should I use a ALV or a normal table ui element for showing and changing the infos? or is the alv oversized for my aim?

Message was edited by:

Thorsten Winter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

It is better to go in for an ALV, since dynamic programming, binding etc is much easier with ALV than with a table. And you cannot use a table in this case since I assume your context structure is not known at design time, since you say you create it via BAPIs at runtime. And web dynpro will not allow you to activate your view without binding the data source for the table if you use it. So go for an ALV. The dropdown can be realised using dropdown by index and having your value set in one more context attribute. It can be realised using dropdown by key also.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Nithya,

I should use a alv with changing of the configuration model, right? because of I want to add a new column with the flag-checkbox for making the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Yeah, you need to change your config model accordingly to get your required cell editors in your various columns.

Regards

Nithya

Answers (0)