Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 - Administrator's Comments

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

Is there a location/transaction on the system (SAP ECC 6.0) where I could record information/comments regarding users.

Under SU01 if an account is locked by the administrator I would like to be able to explain why it has been locked and ideally keep all comments added by the BASIS administrator on specific account.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Corinne,

Unfortunately SAP doesnot provide any thing for such documentation. How much we all would love to have it!!.

We doucment it in MS excel. May be you need to do the same.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Merci Ruchit,

I think excel may be the way to go!

Regards

Corinne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Corinne,

You closed the issue pretty fast !!.

I have never tried it but may be you can try this out. In Su01 screen you will find several filelds some of which may not be used ever. For example under login data you have other data which has 2 fields- Accounting number,Cost Center. May be for different locking reasons you can create different codes and fill up the appropriate code at the time of locking. I mean this is real wierd dolution but if you are not using these fields or for that matter any other may be you can use them. We dont use these fields and hence mentioned them.

Otherwise excel is the way to go.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

It is a solution that we may consider. We were thinking of using the <i>Function</i> field.

The difficulty is to create a process for 1 type of action with an irrelevant field name and the limitation regarding the number of character and the lost of any previous comment.

We will have to weigh both options and decide.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Corinne

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corrine,

My advise would be to create an ABAP program to extract the necessary key data relevant from the User Master Records, tables such as USR02, USR04 etc.

You can then have an excel spreadsheet which automatically (Using standard macros or VBA) displays the changes for that day/week/period. You could then add to that periods sheet your notes/comments/documentation on reasons for actions etc.

I hope this helps, even if you have already closed the question

Regards

Ashley