cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define new login module stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know how to define new login module stack in WebAS 6.40? I went through documentation and couldn't fine any information. In visual administrator, the New button in Security Provider only allow me to add a new policy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yonko_yonchev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

you can do this from the Visual Admin. Once you login, the steps you have to follow are:

1. Go to <i>Server</i> > <i>Security Provider</i>

2. Switch to edit mode (click the little pencil icon at the top)

3. In the <i>Runtime</i> tab choose the <i>Add</i> button

4. Specify and confirm the name of the Login Module Stack. It is going to show in the <i>Components</i> list as a regular component (no different icon unfortunately).

From here you can use the buttons at the bottom of the tab <i>Runtime</i> > <i>Policy Configuration</i> > <i>Authentication</i> to add Login Modules to the stack or, alternatively you can use the standard <i>Authentication Schemes</i> delivered with the WebAS 640. These authentication schemes are actually the standard login module stacks of the WebAS.

Hope this helps...As for documentation, you may find helpful the <i>Login Module Stacks</i> topic in <i>Authentication on the J2EE Engine</i> in the Java Admin Manual, and "<i>Integrating Security Functions</i>" topics in the Java Development Manual.

Regards,

Yonko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yonko:

Are you talking about J2EE Engine Visual Administrator (<instance>\j2ee\admin\go.bat)? I could not find that pencil icon to switch to edit mode, I usually use that icon in configuration tool (<instance>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat).

Do I need to have specific permission in Visual Administrator to do that? I login as administrator, and all I can see in Server > Services > Security Provider is a New button to add new policy.

Thanks

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Yes, create new policy and give some name to it. Now, Assign any template to this policy or add all the login modules which you want. You can modify their priorites as well as parameter options for each login modules.

Regards,

Bhavik Devisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our basis admin upgraded EP to SP12 over the weekend, now I can see the pencil icon. I added logon module stack as I wanted, just never realized policy is a logon module stack.

Thanks for the help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Do you want to add new Login module stack or only single login module?

If you want to add new Login module then goto security provider->User management->Manage security roles->Add login module.

Click on opk on first screen without entering anything. Then in second screen enter information related to your custom login module.

IT will include new login module. Now, you can add this login module at anywhere in any login module stack.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add new login module stack, not a single module. Thanks anyway