cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with proxy generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to make this connection: Java -> Sap 6.4 with XI 3.0 -> Sap 4.7 with HR. I want to export a few Rfc calls as Web Services with XI 3.0. I believe to have configured the connection in the Integration Builder with a namespace and a message interface so on. Now I need to generate the abap proxys for the Web Service but the transaction sproxy does not show my imported HR Package. I have the Sap 4.7 system in the SLD. Do I have to add the System somewhere else? I am a Java guy with limited Sap experience so it could be something simple. I hope someone has an idea.

Yours

Sven Loesekann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

If you are calling RFCs in the HR system, then you do not need ABAP proxies, rather you would use the RFC adapter.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you point me to some documentation how I can do that?

Yours

Sven Loesekann

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure the RFC adapter but I do not know what Program ID I have to enter has anybody an idea? (I am a beginner sorry.)

Yours

Sven Loesekann

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

same ID as in SM59 destination.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am still stuck with the program id on the transaction to create a Tcp/Ip connection. I have selected "Registered Server Program" but I do not know what "Program Id" to enter. I always get this error message when I test the connection:

ERROR program S18 not registered

LOCATION Sap Gateway on sersap18 / sapgw18

DETAIL TP S18 not registered

Any connection from XI to the S18 has to go throw 2 sap gateways. Do I have to register something on the gateways? What is the program id of a Sap 4.7 IDES System or where can I find it?

Yours

Sven Loesekann

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

if you're configuring RFC channel take a look at my weblog:

it shows how to deal with program id

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured my XI Server according to your weblog. I have had a problem to select the "Adapter Engine". There was no entry in the combobox that I could have selected. That means the "Adapter Engine" field is empty. I do not know the reason for that any ideas? My problem with the "Program Id" is still the same the connection test for my tcp/ip connection on transaction pm59 fails. Where do I have to look on the SAP 4.7 IDES System to find the "Program Id"?

I hope someone has a few tips for a beginner.

Yours

Sven Loesekann

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Where do I have to look on the SAP 4.7 IDES System to find the "Program Id"?

it can have any value as long as it's unique + no spaces

you use the same value in the RFC sender adapter channel and that's it

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok that means I have to look for the problem somewhere else. In your weblog the "Adapter Engine" is set to "Integration Server". I have no entries in the "Adapter Engine" select box so I have left it empty. Could that be the reason for the error message in the connection test?

Yours

Sven Loesekann