cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Live Cycle Designer: missing main menu / toolbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to work with the LiveCycle Designer but the main menu / the main toolbar is missing, so I can't access for example the menu "Edit" or "View" or "Layout" and all the rest.

The System is NW2004s with SP10 (Doublestack).

Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.1

Note:

Within the customer's network several things are restricted or deactivated. For example Java functionality within the network is nearly completely deactivated and Active X is deactivated.

Does anybody has a solution?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm not involved in the project anymore, so I don't know the actual status of this issue and how it's going on.

But thanks a lot for your answers!

The operating system has been Win XP I think.

The patches have been nearly as new as possible and Adobe Designer started normal from Windows Explorer. Only within SAP have been the problems...

Regards, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

just for letting you or any other reader regarding the specific issue, i had the same problem. The operating system was Windows 2000 and we managed to solve it by installing Windows XP and using the latest GUI.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I remember this issue couple of years ago when using Designer on Windows 2000 or Windows Terminal Server 2000 (while the same version of GUI and Designer on WinXP and WTS 2003 was running Ok).

I was unable to solve it until totally uninstalling SAPGUI and Designer, reinstalling them again and patching. And it was some special sequence I had to use. Smth like GUI, GUI Patches, Designer, Designer Patches or GUI, Designer, Gui Patches, Designer Patches - can't remember for sure. And not on all computers this trick worked - it was really odd.

While we are pretty sure that transition to Windows XP can solve the problem and we are talking only about several PCs (those used by developers/consultants), maybe it is the easiest approach.

Isn't it year 2008 today? Maybe it is time to switch to not the latest, but proven OS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

As usual Dezco gives you correct clue.

But to ensure start with the following.

Reinstall SAPGUI and Adobe Designer 7.1 and patch both to the latest patches available (Designer patches are not the same as SAPGUI patches and should be installed additionally).

Now go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Designer 7.1 and launch FormDesigner.exe from here.

If Designer loads ok and you can see menu and toolbar, then the problem is not in Designer itself, but in DOI (office integration).

DOI is involved because SAPGUI embeds Designer inside SAP screen and controls (using DOI) what menus and toolbars available.

If DOI fails (e.g. cause OLE or smth else is not working) menus are not visible or not working.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

can you please review note:

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dezso,

thanks for your answer but sadly it was not helpful.

The note you mentioned says for solving the problem it is necessary to install SAP-GUI 6.40 Patch 23, but our system already has Patch 25.

Besides, I'm not sure what kind of role the named Office Integration plays in this case, do you have any information?

Because my problem just deals with the Designer and doesn't involves Office or something like that.

Kind regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

can you inform me of your operating system ??

Regards.