cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFDocument is NULL. Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm a new developer in interactive forms.

When i develop a simple application and deploy it.following message is displayed:

PDFDocument is NULL. Exception com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Severe : PDFDocument is NULL. Exception : Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:383)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.afterApplicationModification(ClientApplication.java:1105)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.afterApplicationModification(ClientComponent.java:887)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doRespond(WindowPhaseModel.java:570)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:153)

what i've done is:

1.download the pfx file (on SDN)and copy it to D:\usr\sap\[SID]SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\TrustManagerService\trust\credentials

2.install it through VA

3.change the user ADSUSER's password and check the "no password change required"

4.i check the hostname:50100/AdobeDocumentServices/Config and it has no error,but one field value is Begin traceRequired stream: "PDFDocument" not found.

so how do i resolve this problem.

Best Regards,

delma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delma,

Are u getting the version info when doing the test for http: //hostname:50100/AdobeDocumentServices/Config ? If yes, then ADS is configured correctly.

You could also check the following thread :

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,i can get the version info.

So what else should i do?

Thank you

best regards,

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the version number, please check the security provider .Make sure you use the basic authentication .

User: ADSUser and correctly typed password.

set up Basic Authentication in a Java environment:

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x> &#8594; Services &#8594; Web Services Security.

3. Choose Web Service Clients &#8594; sap.com > tcwdpdfobject &#8594; com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*ConfigPort_Document.

4. Check that the url mentioned there is correct (Thats the location where ADS is running as a web service). If not, please modify the URL (switch to Custom) to point it to the right location. You are required to change only the host and port in the URL. You can test the URL on your browser to be 100% sure.

5. From the Authentication list, select BASIC.

6. In the User and Password boxes, enter as Username ADSUser and a Password (consult your ADS administrator got the same).

7. Choose Save.

8. The authentication data must be activated. For doing this navigate to Services &#8594; Deploy.

9. Choose the button Application.

10. Choose sap.com/tcwdpdfobject in the tree.

11. Choose Stop Application.

12. For restarting the application choose Start Application.

13. Test your application

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Melwyn

Thank you for your reply.

But I tried this.it doesn't work.

And another error is shown:

Exception Stack Trace:

com.adobe.ProcessingError: Credential login error while applying usage rights to PDF: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\adobewa_EPL_13579950\DM4738245631517398538.dir\DM1219701198141598399.tmp

Specific error information:

error while logging into credential ^0

GeneralError: Operation failed.

SecurityHandler.login:-1:

The Digital ID specified is unknown.

We just update our ep to sp10.

Best regards

delma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

the problem is solved.

But i still don't know why.

I just copy submittosap.xfo from design 6.0 to design 7.0 and my workspace directotry.and it works.

I just want to know does design 7.0's submit has no effect?

Best regards

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thank you and I received your mail and install it.But the submit button still doesn't work.

I don't know why.

best regrads

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the following blog Point 2)

/people/community.user/blog/2007/05/07/troubleshooting-in-adobe-online-interactive-form-for-beginner

Also make sure you have Adobe reader version 7.0.9 or higher.

Have you created an Action for e.g Submit in web dynpro correctly and assigned it to the onAction event. of the interactive Form UI element.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly,thank you for your reply.

I check the blog and my displayType is activeX.

and I just uploaded my adobe reader to 8.0.

my submit action is assigned to the onSubmit event.

But the submit still doesn't work.

I'm confused.

Best regards,

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delma,

You may require a plugin called SAPForms.api in your Adobe Reader Installation source inorder that the Submit button should work. I have emailed you the plugin and the location to place it.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melwyn,

Thank you for your email.but it still doesn't work.

is it something wrong with my code?(I just follow the help and create a PDF file and save the content.)

Or my IE's problem?

Best regards

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI alll,

the problem is solved by restarting J2EE ENGINE.

But one more question is : My "submit" button cannot work.(cannot get "submit" action.

i search the forum, it seems i should install ACF.

but i cannot find where to download and install this.

can anyone help me?

thank you~!

best regards,

delma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delma,

You can find the xACF file at http://service.sap.com provided you have a valid userid and password OR you could provide me with your email id and i could mail you the setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melwyn,

Thank you very much.I still didn't find XACF on service.sap.com,although i have a valid userid.so can you mail me the setup.

my email is : delma1985@hotmail.com

Thank you very much,It really helps.

My adobe designer version is 7.1.

Message was edited by:

delma ma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Delma,

I have mailed you the setup. Also make sure that the ActiveX settings are enabled in the browser.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my NWDS is 7.0.12,but my EP is 7.0.6.

Does this matter?Can this be the cause of the exception?