cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rights for a user?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some questions concerning the user rights model in MaxDB.

I'm familiar with the user classes SYSDBA, DBA, RESOURCE and STANDARD. Now the task is to generate a user, who can create, insert/update and drop his own tables. So I generated one with the Database Manager or with SQL Studio. The statement looks like: CREATE USER web PASSWORD web RESOURCE

If this user logs in with SQL Studio I can see 3 schemas DBADMIN, DOMAIN, SYSINFO. Their is the problem. The user must not see/use anything else (schemas, tables, views, etc), except his own stuff (if existing). The background is, this user will be used by an PHP-Skript and is part of a web-application.

I tried some options and revoked CREATEIN and DROPIN rights for the schemas. But that's not the whole solution. I cannot remove all privileges on views/synonyms in one schema by using wildcards, so what can I do to grant the web user only the rights for his stuff? Many of the views/synonyms in the schemas I mentioned are public, can I hide them from the web user?

BTW why isn't the DBADMIN user able to revoke rights for all the three schemas?

Thanks for your help!

Ding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ding,

Create a user of type STANDARD. When you login you will see only the default system tables and not the custom tables of other users. But still you will have all the other users displayed. I haven't heard such a requirement but still the above will be helpful.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Message was edited by: Kathirvel Balakrishnan