cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a service product and item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Gurus,

I have created a service product. When i am trying to assign that product to service contract, i am getting an error as no item category could be created.

Please help me

regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

This is because you transaction (probably a Z transaction) doesn't have any item categories configured. When creating new transaction you're best to copy an existing one and mark 'Copy all dependent entries' to make sure you also copy configurations like item category configuration.

Now, to solve your problem, go in the customizing

SPRO->CRM->Transactions->Basic settings->Define item categories determination.

Here you should have at least one entry for your transaction type. If not add one here. For a service scenario you should enter 'Service product', 'Service material' or 'Service tool' in the ItmCtyGrp, depending on the product type you want to add in your transaction as an item.

Hope this helps.

<b>Reward points if useful!</b>

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

Thanks for your reply. In item category determination i have customized my own transcation type as ZSC from predefined type SC. Now while creating service order it is still taking the predefined SC. so i am getting the item category what i have customized.

Please help me

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

I don't understand your problem now...

Initially your problem was that NO item category was determined at all, right?

So that's solved now but the item category is wrong?

What is the transaction type you created? (ZSC?)

What did you enter in the item category determination?

Try to give a little bit more details on what is not working and what you want to achieve.

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thanks for your kind reply. I have solved that problem. Now i am facing a new problom.In Service order i am getting an error as "The item category is not permitted for the product". The product i have given is a service product.

please help me

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Ok, let's solve this one.

The Item Category Group

This is the most important one, the item category must match your product category else you won't be able to use the product with this item category.

So, open the product you wanted to add (COMMPR01) and find the 'Item category group' field. Normally it's on the first tab 'General' or, in case of a service product in the 'Service' tab. For Service products the item category is mostly SRVP.

Back to the item category determination, the entry you added here. The Item Category Group must be identical to the item category group of your product else it won't work. So, in case you product has item category SRVP pick 'SRVP Service Product' in the item category determination for your item category.

If the above doesn't work we can try a shortcut. Use a standard SAP service transaction and try to add your product there. If that does not generate errors take a look at the determined item category. Just create exactly the same entry in the item category determination as for the SAP standard transaction and it will work immediately!

This should really solve your problem!

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

Thanks for your elaborate explanation. But in product master , in the service tab, i am getting only two fields for service and response profiles no item category field. For getting item category field what i have to do? i think some set-type must be assigned..

Please help me

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

This information is in the CRMM_PR_BTR set type. Assign this set type to your category and the field should be visible.

This value is also stored in the CRMM_PR_BTR table but I don't know the link from the COMM_PRODUCT (product master table) table.

The item category is also visible when you add the product to your transaction, in the 'Item details' tab.

Hope you can find it!

Don't forget to award points...

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

I got the item category group field.. thank you very much man.

One clarification, i am getting error as "Pricing produre could not be determined" but in SPRO>CRM> Prncing--> Determine pricing produres , i have maintained sales organizatioan details and i have declared the pricing produre as "13SRVC" but in service order it is coming.

In Business partner master data in the billing tab page i am not getting the field for giving pricing produre.

Please help me

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Did you maintain a price for the sales organization in the product itself?

In the product, tab condiftions, you must also maintain a price (0PR0) for each sales organization/distribution channel where you want to sell your product.

I only know the basics of pricing so better open a new thread for this problem. (or search, 'princing procedure could not be determined' is a very common customizing error)

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank you very much for your elaborate answers. All 10 and 6 points are over so i am left with one option.

Actually i am working in Solution Manager4.0 system. My requirement is to configure ICWeb Client with SLA info in the service ticket option. Now i am not getting the SLA info option in IC Web Client. Could you share some ideas regarding this.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

You do see the SLA info view in the service ticket viewset? It should be in the lower right corner of the screen. If the view isn't there I don't know what you should do.

If the screen is there without data you probably forgot one thing in the transaction customizing.

SPRO->Transactions->Basic settings->Define trans types.

Double click on your transaction type. In the General fieldgroup you should find "Contract determination" field, this should be set to "'E' Only at item level: assign immediately if unique". By default the value is F but this doesn't work in the webclient.

Hope this solves your problem,

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost

Thanks for response but in the lower right side i am not getting the SLA info. I am getting only Actions. I am not able see SLA page itself.

Please help me

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

In CRM 5.0, by default, the standard view over there is the 'SLA Info' view and you can link to 'Actions' and 'Time recording'.

If this is not the case, open a new thread and I'll try to help you further over there. It's not only for the points, don't get me wrong, if people encounter the same problem they'll find back an answer more easily.

Regards,

Joost

Message was edited by:

Joost Stallaert

Answers (0)