cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull the Data from flat file to MDM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Iam very new to SAP-MDM, But some how I installed it , Now I want load the data from flat file to SAP-MDM, can any one help me on this....what are the steps ..

Thanks In Advance..

Guruva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruva,

With the MDM client tools,you will get a tool called Import Manager which can be used to download data from different data sources like files, databases etc.

Here, you will have different options to map your source data to the target target structure and match our input data and eliminate duplicate records based on the key fields that you select and finally import the data into MDM repository.

Hope this info is useful for now...

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani

Thank you very much for quick response, well where can i find this Import manger, In Files iam able to find Import form,if u can give me elaborate answer it will be great helpful for me.... Alo pls suggest me some good book on this and also websites

Thank you very much

Regards

Guruva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruva,

May be you are misunderstanding the "File -> Import From " option which is available in MDM Client. But, I am talking about a separate tool which comes as part of MDM Client Tools which you downloaded from Service market place. You need to install this tool just like you did for MDM Client.

Good Book.... Hmmm....No book as of now !! But, if you installed MDM 5.5 SP1, you can download Reference guides for MDM Console, MDM Client and MDM Import Manager from Service Market place (www.service.sap.com/instguides).

Good Websites....Nothing can beat SDN....go through the Technical articles & weblogs sections for more info.

All the best !!

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajani

Thank you very much for ur response,I'll look in to MDM Console, I want to speak to you,if u don't have any Issue pls give me ur Number..

Thanks & Regards

Guruva