cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loading from Flat File to BW Infocube in SCM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some help in APO-BW Infocube for loading data from a flat file. I have configured an infocube(with infosource,infopackage etc) and the test preview seems fine. But when I actually load the data from .CSV file I get errors which I couldn't decipher. Below is the error message.

=============

Data records for package 1 selected in PSA - 1 error(s)

Message no. RSM2704

Diagnosis

Data records in the PSA were marked for data package 1. Here there were 1 errors. The systemwrote information or warnings for the remaining data records.

System Response

The data package was not updated.

Procedure

Correct the incorrect data records of the data package (for example by manually editing them in the PSA maintenance). You can find the error message for each of the records in the PSA by double-clicking on the status of the record.

Note

Note that you are only allowed to edit and manually update the request if it is contained in the request list in the data target. Where necessary, first delete it from the data target.

=============

and

=============

Error 4 in the update

Message no. RSAR119

Diagnosis

The update delivered the error code 4.

Procedure

You can find further information on this error in the error message of the update.

=============

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Arunesh Chakrapani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunesh,

Looking to the error it seems that one of the datas in your flat file doesn't fit with the update rules (data format, etc...) you defined for this infocube (that's why the system propose you to correct the data records by editing the PSA).

Have a look at this and please let me know if that helped you fixing the problem...

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

I tried to find the error in my file but couldn't resolve. Everything seems to be fine.

The error message says I can manually editing them in the PSA maintenance. How to manually edit in PSA?

TIA,

Arunesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

To manually edit in PSA, use transaction RSA1. In the "modeling" folder, open the "PSA" folder. By opening the concerned infosource, you'll find the PCfile PSA you need to edit, it must be named "REQU_xxxxxx" and time stamped : by clicing on the PSA symbol, you'll reach a popup named "selection of data packets for editing". Select all the records and validate. Then you'll reach a screen named "maintenance of PSA data request REQU_xxxxxxx" : there you can see how the system truly read your flat file datas, and you'll be able to correct those datas, and save modifications. After that you can have a try to restart the loading (only from PSA to infocube of course....)

This should allow you to spot the problem in your flat file.... I hope...

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to locate the problem and corrected it.

Thanks,

Arunesh Chakrapani

Answers (0)