cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break points not working IC web client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I need to debug the code,

for an action i have created a Badi method . I need to put a break point and debug the code. I have put external break point and executing the code. It is not at all working . Can some body help me for making break points enable. I executing the action using IC web client.

jaffer vali shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you are in SE80 go in the menu to Utilities->Settings

Find the Abap Editor tab and open the Debugging subtab.

Make sure your username is mentioned in the Users field. If your are using a proxy to access the SAP Webserver you should deactivate IP Matching.

If you work with different clients, eg one client for development and one for data, make sure you put the breakpoint in the correct client. (the one from which the webclient is launched of course)

To be sure, place a breakpoint in a piece of code you're 100% that it will be executed. It could be that your badi simply isn't called!

And last but not least, you must have an open SAP GUI session on the same system/client as where you want to debug.

Hope this helps!

Reward points if useful,

Regards,

Joost

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaffer,

External breakpoints work absolutely fine with WebClient.

It seems your BADI is <b>not getting triggered</b>, that's why the control is not going to your Break-point. Check it correctly.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaffer,

Sorry i using this thread to get to know the solution u got for other thread. I think u got the problemwith mails not been sent . and the status is sitll not in queue entered u are getting.

could u share that with me. I am getting the same issue, and have tried all the options.

I dont what to do, and i need a solution desprateley.

Thanks in advance.

sorry i used this thread.

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sresanth,

Please check the same thread , I have updated it.

jaffer valis shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jaffer,

I have used commit work after the function module.

also i have passed X to the paramter commit_work for the FM, but it is not working. Can you tell me what i have to do now. here is what im doing..

CALL FUNCTION 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1'

EXPORTING

document_data = v_document_data

commit_work = 'X'

IMPORTING

sent_to_all = ws_sent

TABLES

packing_list = i_packing_list

object_header = i_header

contents_txt = i_html_table

receivers = t_receivers

EXCEPTIONS

too_many_receivers = 1

document_not_sent = 2

document_type_not_exist = 3

operation_no_authorization = 4

parameter_error = 5

x_error = 6

enqueue_error = 7

OTHERS = 8.

SUBMIT rsconn01 WITH mode = 'INT' with output = 'X'

AND RETURN.

Please reply me.

Thanks again....

Where shall i check the COMMIT is success or not?? How ?

I have a bapi transaction commit and a order save at the end of the program. after the mail FM is executed.

Plesase please reply me... im in really need....thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to bother you all,

There seems to be something wrong with server itself. Our basis team has set them right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank you very much for the help. I tried all the steps you have explained.

But still it is not working.

we are using the proxy. and the client no you mentioned I could not understand how to know the client no of web client.

the login process for webclient for us is : we are given url, It asks for a user name and password thats it , in this process there is no way we find out the client no.

jaffer vali shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With client number I mean the system client, mandant. Each system can have one or more clients, indicated by numbers like 100, 300 etc. (You can see the client number when you logon to the GUI)

Sometimes systems are set up to perform customizing and development in one client, eg client 200 and all the master data resides on another client, eg 300.

If you put a breakpoint in client 200, where you develop, and your webclient is launched in client 300 (because all the master data is there) the system won't stop at the breakpoint.

If you have multiple clients, like described above, check transaction SCC4, the client that has 'Client role' something else than 'Customizing' is the correct one.

Else, play around with the different options in the Debugger tab.

Also, make sure that when you place a breakpoint that you place an 'External breakpoint' rather than a "Session breakpoint".

Did you already try to place a breakpoint in the code? (BREAK <username>.)

Does that work?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joost