cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on BI 7.0 ... I have connected my BI dev client with QA client 630 and have loaded the target. Now the user wants to connect BI dev to another QA client 650 and load the data. Is there any way by which i will have to not create the IP, DTP and Transformation again when connecting to 650. These IP,DTP and Transformation are alread created for source system 630.??? Plz let me know its urgent and imp.

Thanks

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The IP is Source System Specific, so there is no way around, to reduce effort you may copy the IP.(but wouldnt save much effort)

I am not sure about DTP..?

Others please comment..

Thanks

CK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

made RFC connection point to new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u can transfer them from the business content to save ur time

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created all those IP, DTP and Transfromation already..i guess BCT wont give me same result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ahve searched the forum and it says i can change source system by usin tcode BDLS...can any1 plz confirm with surity whether the client copy is required for this case and also is it necessary to take backup of BIW??

Waiting for response

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Kindly see the following link

Steps on R/3 Side (Client :230,Dev) :

1. Create user BWALEUSER with usertype as communication and profile : SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW

2. Create Admin ( here we used :Basis) with user type as dialog and profile : SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW

3. Create logical system ZSENDER230 and assign the same to client 230

Steps on BW side ( Client 220,Dev)

4. Create logical system and assign to client ( In our case it was already done by basis during client copy , hence new logical system not created., even though we create and replace in assign client screen, it will throw error in RSA1 screen. Hence not created.)

5. Create BWREMOTE user in spro ( system creates on its own with usertype : system) > BIW>Automated process>create user for b/g processes

6. Also in spro Maintain proposal for R/3 ALE user i.e BWALEUSER

7. Goto SM59 , create RFC connection under R/3 connection with R/3 connecting user as BWALEUSER with RFC destination as ZSENDER230

8. Create source system in RSA1, with Basis as Admin user

Steps on R/3 Side ( Client :230,Dev) :

9. While creating sourcesytem in RSA1 , u will be connected to R/3 and it will take u to SM59 screen on R/3 side

10. RFC destination will be here BW logical system ( step 4) and user for BW login is BWREMOTE

11. Check connection.

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

I cud not understand ur solution..how will this help me save effort in recreating DTP,IP and transformation in BI dev .

If i make a client copy of BI dev...will it be possible to change the source system assignment in DTP,IP and transformation ?? If yes..what will be the steps??

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody please suggest something

Thanks

Prashant