cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Mobile 6.0 problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried MI 2.5 on Windows Mobile 6.0. Sometimes it does not work properly by throwing a DNS error. I think the way we are using the advanced networking functionality in the OS is causing a problem. I would like to mention that as of Windows Mobile 6.0 we have Network Folder (Just like mapping of Network Drives in My Netwok Places in Desktop) and RDC- Remote Desktop Functionality. I feel that if the product development team, along with nsicom (CreMe), addresses the network functionality issue, we can have all our 2.5 and even 7.1 apps running smoothly with indows Mobile 6.0. Has anybody tried 2.5/7.1 apps with Windows Mobile 6.0?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

There are few performance issues with Mobile 6.0.

Currently DB2E version is not supported with Mobile 6.0

IBM has to release a new DB2E version which supports Mobile 6.0.

Then this DNS error may not occur.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I have tried it and it was working fine.

Could it be, that your MI is not working when you get the DNS error? MI needs its time to start and it can be, that it is stopped because of low memory on the device. If you try to access the URL in both cases, you will get this message.

Normally, if MI is working, localhost:4444 as URL is working fine - at least to see the start screen.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know that, but the consistency is not there. Sometimes, it works properly and sometimes it throws this network error/dns error/page not found etc. Thats why i feel, the network functionality of the OS should be studied by the developement team.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, and you are sure that MI is still running while this error occures? When you restart MI again, is the error still there?

Well, a restart of MI is easily done by pressing the MI button in WINDOWS/STARTUP folder. If MI is still running it will not start a second instance. Have you tried that and watched the NSI LOG in the main directory as well?

Regads,

Oliver