cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to modify billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to modify billing documents.

If I open a billing document from vf02, it does not allow to modify me the document.

it shows in read only mode.

Pls suggest a option

Points will be rewarded.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one.

I have given the points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once a billing document is created and a Finance document is posted the system does not allow the billing document to be changed.

If you want to create a different invoice you either need to cancel/ credit the invoice and re-create the invoice in the way you require.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

But can I put some reasons while cancelling a invoice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you cancel an invoice, you can add a block, but all that happens with a cancelled Billing document is the Finance document is reversed.

Never cancel a billing document if the customer has received it, issue a credit note in full and then credit a new billing document.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vinayak,

what do you want to modify?

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically I want to some comments or flagthat document with some text

Or can I give reasons for cancellations

Thanks

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the question is, if you want to see these texts in the FI document only or in the FI and the SD invoices as well. If you want to see in FI only, than try to modify the FI invoice (in FB02), if you want to see in SD as well, I am afraid, you either have to do some customizing or develop a user exit (because the SD invoice is created automatically and has to pick up the text from somewhere, I assume you don't want to modify the document in each single case).