Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Transaction code for SQL query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone tell me how to assign transaction code to SQL query?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Supriya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to assign transaction code to the query in the same way we assign it to report. Is it possible?

regards,

Supriya

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SE38,, give your query name in <Query Name>

It will get you the SAP generated program for your query.

Take this program name and goto SE93, Create a new transaction code for this program name. Usually Query program start with AQ...

Hope this helps.

ashish

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a transaction calling transaction START_REPORT with the following parameters/attributes filled :

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE= AQ "parameter indicating Abap Query
D_SREPOVARI-REPORT= 'ZGRP' "Query User group
D_SREPOVARI-EXTDREPORT= 'ZNAME' "Query name

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where should i put the query name in SE38?? nd in which format?

Thanks,

Supriya

0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

just follow the steps given by Raymond.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to assign transaction code to the query in the same way we assign it to report. Is it possible?

regards,

Supriya

0 Kudos

If you use the way i described earlier your transaction will actually call the query. (<i>START_REPORT</i> was developed for this and can call ABAP Query, Report Portfolio Rpt; Form, Drilldown reporting, Report Writer Report and Transactions with variant)

If you want to create a report from query to create <i>report-transaction</i> then you have to use the generated program or copy it to a Z-program, but beware that changes to the query may not be reflected to the transaction.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I was facing the similar issue and you post was really a great help to me..thanks for your process.

Regards

Naveen