Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project- Builder: Person Assignement tab for Activties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls help on the following:

1.In the 'Internal' tab for activities, there is a field 'Number' where we can specify the number of capacities required. But there is no validation against this when I actually assign resources to the activity in the 'Person Assignement tab.

i.e I can assign 5 people for this activity even though I mentioned Number as 1 in the internal tab.

Is there a way to enforce a validation here?

2. Resource allocation has two different behaviour when I do through Person Assignment tab and 'WorkForce Planning' screen. Is there any specific reason for this?

3. If i want to replace the WBS actual dates by the actual dates of activity, I need to go to Edit>Reconcile Dates>Determine Actual Dates in the Project Planning Board. Can I automate this while saving the project?. I checked the user-exits and BADI - PROJECTDEF_UPDATE. But found out that the date fields cannot be updated using these. IS there some other way?

4. In the Workforce planning: Project View, Can I split the work in the duration based on my working hours from HR? Now I have to manualy do the split.

Appreciate your response on any of the above doubts.

Regards,

Remya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Remya,

This is for Point 1.

The number feild in the internal activities details is to determine the number of capcities that would be required to perform that particular activity, provided you have set the calculation key to determine the number of capacities required.

This is driven by the number of individual cappacties in the workcenter details, the actual work and work duration.

for example.

Assuming 100% utilization.

In your work center the individaul capacities is 1 with a capacity of say 8 hrs and u have an activity of 40 hrs that needs to be completed in 1day(duration) then the number feild would suggest "5". (8*5=40 Hrs).

The calculation key helps in determining the number of capcities required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ankush for the clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi remya,

My reply is limited to point No.3 of your posting.

SAP's logical construct is such that WBS is more than the sum of activities assigned to it. That is why, system doesn't allow automatic updation of WBS actual dates based on confirmation of all activities assigned to it. Please remeber that the given WBS could have subordinate WBS elements with different statuses apart from the activities assigned.

Basic rule is as below:

You can maintain actual finish date for a WBS only if all the subordinate WBS elements have actual finish dates and all activities assigned to the WBS have status "Confirmed".

However, when activities are confirmed "Tentative actual finish date" is updated at WBS level which can be subsequently copies as actual dates manually.

From the above, I hope, it is clear why defaulting of actual finish dates for WBS is not permitted.

For the remaining issues in your posting I need more time.

If this clarifies the issue, please acknowledge the same.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Muraleedharan. You have clarified that point.