Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Project- Builder: Person Assignement tab for Activties

Hi All,

Pls help on the following:

1.In the 'Internal' tab for activities, there is a field 'Number' where we can specify the number of capacities required. But there is no validation against this when I actually assign resources to the activity in the 'Person Assignement tab.

i.e I can assign 5 people for this activity even though I mentioned Number as 1 in the internal tab.

Is there a way to enforce a validation here?

2. Resource allocation has two different behaviour when I do through Person Assignment tab and 'WorkForce Planning' screen. Is there any specific reason for this?

3. If i want to replace the WBS actual dates by the actual dates of activity, I need to go to Edit>Reconcile Dates>Determine Actual Dates in the Project Planning Board. Can I automate this while saving the project?. I checked the user-exits and BADI - PROJECTDEF_UPDATE. But found out that the date fields cannot be updated using these. IS there some other way?

4. In the Workforce planning: Project View, Can I split the work in the duration based on my working hours from HR? Now I have to manualy do the split.

Appreciate your response on any of the above doubts.

Regards,

Remya.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question