Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Project- Builder: Person Assignement tab for Activties

Hi All,

Pls help on the following:

1.In the 'Internal' tab for activities, there is a field 'Number' where we can specify the number of capacities required. But there is no validation against this when I actually assign resources to the activity in the 'Person Assignement tab.

i.e I can assign 5 people for this activity even though I mentioned Number as 1 in the internal tab.

Is there a way to enforce a validation here?

2. Resource allocation has two different behaviour when I do through Person Assignment tab and 'WorkForce Planning' screen. Is there any specific reason for this?

3. If i want to replace the WBS actual dates by the actual dates of activity, I need to go to Edit>Reconcile Dates>Determine Actual Dates in the Project Planning Board. Can I automate this while saving the project?. I checked the user-exits and BADI - PROJECTDEF_UPDATE. But found out that the date fields cannot be updated using these. IS there some other way?

4. In the Workforce planning: Project View, Can I split the work in the duration based on my working hours from HR? Now I have to manualy do the split.

Appreciate your response on any of the above doubts.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question