Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Transport request objects copy into new transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created a transport request under which i saved my objects. <b>Now i need to copy old request objects into new request or split that transport request into number of new transport requests.</b> First of all It is possible or not , if it is possible please tell me the solution how to do.

Regards,

Krishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Ideally its not required to split the transport. Even if it has more records, one single transport is fine.

If you are saying to split the table content into different transports, then its not possible. Least you can do is split entire table content into new transport & other objects into a different transport.

Splitting table contents into different transport is not possible.

ALso, if you split the transport, ensure that the TRs are moved in proper order otherwise it will dump.

Best regards,

Prashant

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes it is possible.

Delete the objects from first TR and then there is option is SE09 to add objects. Now add objects to new TR. or just go to the program and make some changes it will ask for new TR. Now give the new TR number.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible. Check the MERGE request function in SE09.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete the perticular you want to save in seperate request from the original transport request. The go to the object in change mode. It will ask for creation of TR. save the object in new TR.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a new request and then use merge function...in SE09..Now u r new request will have all the objetcs of old request.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to include old request objects into new requests, provided either your old request should be released or u should delete the required objects from old request.you can use transaction se01,se09.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Litta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

First of all THANKS TO ALL

But Still i don't get the correct answer , because i am not asking any merge function activity .<b>My request having huge data that can i split into more requests or not and HOW?.</b>

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

No need to split TR for huge data also.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna

You can

(1) add object lists of already released requests ("old" requests) to you current request (still changeable)

(2) merge changeable transport requests together

(3) split a changeable request into several requests

Whereas (1) and (2) are supported by standard functions of the SAP system (3) is a manual task involving the following steps:

a.) Create a new request

b.) Copy required transport entries (e.g. R3TR TABL ZMYTABLE) from one request to the new request

c.) Delete all copied transport entries from the object list of the "first" request

However, if you are not fully aware of the dependencies between different transport object entries the splitting of object lists may cause hassle when you import the splitted requests into the next SAP system.

Regards

Uwe

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Ideally its not required to split the transport. Even if it has more records, one single transport is fine.

If you are saying to split the table content into different transports, then its not possible. Least you can do is split entire table content into new transport & other objects into a different transport.

Splitting table contents into different transport is not possible.

ALso, if you split the transport, ensure that the TRs are moved in proper order otherwise it will dump.

Best regards,

Prashant