cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting the quantity in a order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I need your help on a issue, the thing is when i am limiting the quantity of a particular material through condition type. i.e. after ticking the condition index option it gives you the feature of limiting the quantity (in additional details) while maintaining the condition record, still it is not getting picked up..say i have maintained the limit as 10 though i am entering the quantity as 11..it is not giving me any error.

Is there any other way of doing that.

Regards,

N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are saying laxmipathi is something like condition update ...say for the first 3 orders...certain discount & then different rate...but this precisely will not solve my problem....i also had user exit in my mind..but u cleared my doubt.

Thanx.

Regards,

N

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

Yes exactly. To give you an example, your customer place an order for 1000 nos., for a new material which should be developed by you which involves some tool cost.

The customer also agrees to recover this tool cost either in the first order or first lot of despatch.

You make invoice of first lot for 400 nos. and second lot for balance 600 nos. Here your pricing for 400 nos., would be on the higher side (Unit Price + Tool Cost amortization).

Similarly for the second lot of 600 nos., for the balance 100 nos., the pricing will be as above and for remaining 500 nos., only unit price will flow.

Hope this explanation covers your requirement.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to earlier response; you could only have control over minimum qty in sales unless you use an User exit.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

I dont think there is an option to limit the quantity is sale order.

The field what you are referring will work as follows:-

You offer a customer a special discount on a certain product but want to

limit this discount to a specified total number of cases. You enter the

maximum number of cases in this field. As you process orders that use

this condition record, the system updates the cumulative quantity. When

the maximum quantity is reached, the system automatically deactivates

the condition record in subsequent orders.

However, with User Exit like <b>USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP</b>, you can try with the help of ABABer.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi