cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra COMMIT for RFM Calls through JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using JCo to develop a generic connector to SAP. I am making BAPI calls to SAP by invoking the corresponding RFM. I have read in some documents that some BAPI calls require extra commit(BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT) to update the SAP database. Do corresponding RFM calls also require extra commit to update the database? If that is the case, how can I find which RFM's require the extra commit?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

BAPIs should require a commit (e.g. a subsequent call of BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT) <b>in general</b>, since it is <b>not</b> allowed to do a "commit work" in BAPI code at all.

This is not necessarily the case for the other remote RFMs, although it's good practice to let the caller of the FM, regardless, whether it's remote or not, finally commit the changes.

If you have to know, which RFM does it's own commit and which doesn't, the only reliable way to find that out, is to have a look at the documentation of the FM first. If there is no doc or no statement inside it, which tells you, whether there are "hidden" commits, then you have to take a look at the FM itself (source code) and all other FMs this FM is calling..

Hope that helps anyway.

Regards

Stefan