cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a new view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have multiple views in my component for example index view,view1 view2. Based on the user action i need to show different views in a new window. my question is

1.Should i need to connect all these views through plugs from Index views?is there any other way where i can dynamically decide which view to be shown?

2.Should i open it in new IE window or Popup window. Which one is recommended?

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u say that you use a set of Webservices which is typically a model in the MVC architecture of Webdynpro meta frame work it shd be as minimal as possible say for ex only one.

Based on the model you can have multiple view(presentation layers similar to jsp file in java environment).Communication b/w the views is being controlled by the design what you want to have.Baesd on your event firing you can either enable or disable a view using inbound plugs and outblound plugs where the cardinalityshd be one to many.

Hope this is clear else update me.I will try my best to help you.

Rdgs,

Guru

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the cardinality of inbound plug to outbound shd be 1 to many meaning one inbound and as many u want a s outbound.

based the event firing you shd enable or disable the view accordingly.

lastly foe opening windows if you have an external window opening go for external popup window or a modal funtionality go for pop up window.I don't see any necessity to open in a new IE window so rather you can use pop up both modal & non-modal depends on your requirement.

hope it helps.

rdgs,

guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we are new to this, i would like to know if it is a good practice to have multiple views from the same component

For example i am creating a small application where model is set of web services. Iam planning to create 1 component and create multiple views for it. is this a correct practice or should i go for multiple components or multiple controllers?

Pls advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujesh,

The recommended way is given below.

Make one window in your Application. Now, add all views in this window which you want to show in popup window.

Now, make as much out bound plugs as much views you have for your main view. And make one inbound plug for each views for popup window.

Then, connect different outbound plugs to different views. And based upon user action decide which plug needs to fire. And then show that window as popup.

Regards,

Bhavik