cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set default path and filename to the upload UI element ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can some advise on if its possible to set a default path and filename to the upload ui element ? I will like to set a default path and filename to be uploaded to the upload UI. The user will then have the option of using that path or clicking on the browse to set another location.

Any suggestions or advise ? Thank you very much.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer is "NO" due to security restrictions imposed by browser. You cannot achieve the same even with plain HTML application.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VS,

So to confirm, from your opinion, you feel that its not possible to have my upload UI elememt to be displyed on the screen with the path and filename preloaded ?

Btw, do you have an email that I can reach you at ?

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's stronger then feeling -- it's a knowledge

Even if you set file name this way, the file itself will not be uploaded -- user have to select it manually.

VS

P.S. vsilaev AT gmail DOT com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

yes you cannot specify default filename and extension restriction for upload ui element. You have to choose file manually.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps I had worded my question worngly. Let me try again... We have a user who wants the path and filename to be displayed on the upload UI element.... THEN they will click on the upload button. The idea is to cut down the time spent on browsing the folder and selecting the file as that does not change. Is this still possible ? I am not looking for an automatic file upload functionality.

from

KW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

This thing is not possible also. You can't get filename in UI element also. After browsing that file only you will get the filename in display.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does somebody know how to display in Browser Internet Explorer [Firefox displays automatically only filename, but Internet Explorer display whole path] only FileName without path im WebDynpro from FileUpload? or a conversion Method?

Regards,

Imre

Answers (0)