cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate webdynpro with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some help.How to integrate webdynpro with XI.

What are the prerequisities.I have webdynpro and WAS642

softwares.

I have integration of XI with OracleDatabse.

How to fetch the data using webdynpro.

I found this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I didn't get any information from above the link.

Plaese help me.

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Suman,

You can do it the way given in my weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-to-xi-server-from-web-dynpro also...

<b>But this works only if u have access to ur XI server...</b>, I mean u need to specify the server password so u need to have access.

Else its better to expose that particular service of XI as webservice and access it from webdynpro as rohit said.

And How to use a webservice in webdynpro is also specified in this weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/15/creating-a-web-service-and-consuming-it-in-web-dynpro ..go through tat also and for further help do revert back...

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suman,

As far as i understood from your Query XI is fetching data from Oracle.And you want this data in webdynpro through XI.For this you make a SOAP outbound interface in XI and make that interface as a web enabled one or in other wordsmake this whole scenario in XI as a webservice which will give you a WSDL file .Make use of this WSDL file in webdynpro application .

Once this is done go to the webdynpro application and create a model.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Really Thx,I am working on that what ever you've suggested.After generating WSDL file by using XI(SOAP).

What are the steps to import model in the webdynpro.Is it like Adptive RFC or some else.

Is it required to configure SLD or JCO.I think it's not required.

Please suggest me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

you have to import this wsdl.

1. Do have a copy of tat WSDL file created on the local system.

2. Right click on model import -> select import webservice->and select for Local file system option in that Wsdl source option and then browse the wsdl file's path and click on finish.

Thus u'll get tat model imported, add it in used model and execute it same as u execute the rfc.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SiriSha,

Thx for your reply.Okay after importing model.No need to configure SLD and JCO.Am i correct.

I'm generating WSDL file by using WebServices in XI.

If you any idea about this(How to generate WSDL fileby using WebServices in XI).

Plaese guide me

Regards

Suman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes no need to configure SLD and JCO. Just publish the wsdl in the UDDI.

Now you can use the url to import the webservice model in webdynpro.

VCUNTHEE
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

If you have already defined your scenario in XI then you have option in XI to create a WSDL for an interface.

In your Integration Builder (Directory) of XI, choose Define Webservice for an interface.

Check this blog aswell for generating WSDL in XI..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Goodluck

Vedavyas

Message was edited by: Vedavyas Cuntheepuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

No need to configure SLD for this.I assume you may be aware of design and configuration in XI .In configuration in the tool bar go to Tools-->define web service

give corresponding outbound interfaces, name spaces and the service name as asked in the wizard.

At last you will get a WSDL file which you need to save in your desktop .Make use of this in webdynpro application

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

You r welcome...:)

Ya regarding how to create a webservice in XI::

Open ur xi Editor

go to tools->define a webservice

And there specify the interface option, give all the parameters required tat u want

Like service tat u want to expose as a webservice,

Namespace,and name of the interface there ..tat wil create a wsdl and u can store it any where..

Thus store your wsdl in the local machine some where and do tat importing..

There is no need of JCO connections and all as you are not connecting to R/3 or any.

So do try it out and let me know the status.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

I need some help from you regarding this XI and WebDynPro.

Please can you give your id or some thing.

Regards

SumanR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

i dont know any thing regarding XI, I just told you what i know. And coming to webdynpro i can help u.

So, Sirisha_Rowtula@satyam.com is my id.

But i just want to mention tat even i 'm also a fresher.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S

VCUNTHEE
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Where are you stuck in XI.. let me know.. Let me give a shot aswell if you want..:)

Regards

Vedavyas

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

when you want to fetch data from oracle using webdynpro you have to use jdbc connectivity alone.You have to have your connection class and then load the driver in the classpath of ur webdynpro project.

for the same refer the following thread

You can still have the integration of Webdynpro using XI but it a tedious one.You can send the data nd retrive the same using XI .

Refer below is my Tutorial on the same.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/in... web dynpro and sap xi using jaxb part i.article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/java/integra... web dynpro and sap xi using jaxb part ii.article

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Why you want to use XI in between. You can directly connect to Oracle database from webdynpro application and fetch the data.

What is the use of XI?

But still you want to use XI, then is your webdynpro recieving data from Oracle or sending data to Oracle?

Recieving data in webdynpro from Oracle using XI is not possible. But, you can send data to Oracle using XI.

Regards,

Bhavik