cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Address Change updates completed past deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I prevent the delivery address from being updated from customer master address change on deliveries that have already been shipped.

I understand this functionality is good for open deliveries; however, on shipped ones, I would like to see the actual address that the delivery has been shipped to. This same issue also applies to PO shipt to address as well.

If address is changed in delivery, then the change in customer master address does not affect the delivery address. However, in our environment the majority of deliveries are pointing to customer master address.

Thanks!

Sue Haddad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Haddad,

If I am not mistaken, SAP has designed the business partner address management with version, meaning you will find the unix address number on deliveries(transaction) which different from changed customer master data.

Please use this address number on delivery output program instead of selecting from KNA1.

Hope this can help u.

Rgds,

Gumanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sue...as per standard SAP functionality, you can't do anything about this..but have to change the address manually, address is the only attribute which gets refelected on open iteams unlike other fields/attributes whenever you change them in Customer Master.

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Your message is not very clear and I want to cofnrim. So, if a customer master address is changed, then all orders that have already been shipped for that particular customer code will reflect the wrong shipped address.... I am fine with open orders changing address to reflect new address; however, the business is having a hard time accepting a change in delivery address on a complete order that had a delivery on it.

If above is standard functionality, what other customization we need to do to avoid incorrect delivery address in older complete and shipped orders....

Thanks!

Sue Haddad

Former Member
0 Kudos

One possible solution can be, instead of changing the address of your ship-to party, you can create and add new ship-to party and make the new one as default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you suggest to create and add new ship-to as default? In customer master?

The issue I am raising is when sold-to and ship-to code and address are same in customer master, which is the case in our environment 99% of the time.

Thanks!

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

Create your new Ship to Party using [XD01] and with the account group as Ship to Party. Maintain the fields like giving the new address and contact details. Now go to [XD02] for your Sold to Party and assign the newly created Ship to Party in the Sales Area Data -> Partner Tab.

Hope it had helped you. Do reward if you had felt the same.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb