Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Structural Auth question and HR Security Question

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Are there multiple ways of restricting HR Administrators from seeing each others HR data?

Especially in a shared service scnerio where structural authorizations may not work, since they are in the same part of the org structure?

Also, does anyone know in OOSB (ECC 6.0) how the exlusion radio button works, it states that it excludes part of the structure but how? Which part and there doesn't seem to be a place to define the part of the structure to exclude?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

for

> Are there multiple ways of restricting HR

> Administrators from seeing each others HR data?

> Especially in a shared service scnerio where

> structural authorizations may not work, since they

> are in the same part of the org structure?

you could use context solution described at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/7f/1a7d3c8015d10ee10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

> Also, does anyone know in OOSB (ECC 6.0) how the

> exlusion radio button works, it states that it

> excludes part of the structure but how? Which part

> and there doesn't seem to be a place to define the

> part of the structure to exclude?

It depends on the profile. Please visit

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/0c/49ba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

for further information.

Regards

Bernd

0 Kudos

The context solution would work assuming all the HR admin's were positioned in the area of their responsibility in the organization. My scnerio is that of a shared service where all HR admin's fall under the same piece of the org structure and also assuming all HR admin's can see all personnel area's but need to be restricted from seeing each others personal data including pay etc. The last time I did this was a 4.6c system and we created a custom flag using a field and then created a program that wouldn't allow people with the flag view each other. But I would rather not go down the custom road again.

The other question about the radio button for org exclusion I didn't find any information on at the link you provided. If you ever find any info on this I would love to get the information.

Regards,

Curtis