cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL SERVER 2000 installation question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy's,

I am planning to install SQL server 2000 with R/3 4.7 extension 200.

As I am going trough the SQL server 2000 installation guide, it is suggesting to run 4.6C or D .BAT files. there is no reference to 4.7.

Dose anyone know which executable I need to use for 4.7?

Regards,

KG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for quick reply. I do not have the CD Victor. Is there a way of downloading it from sap.service marketplace? If not, would there be an issue using one of the older versions?

I do not belive I can wait 2 weeks for SAP to ship the DVD to me.

Regards,

KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KG,

Unfortunately you cannot download that DVD through SAP website.

Depending on the CD you currently have, you might have to patch it and/or adjust the collation according to Note 600027. If everything is done right, the SQL server 2000 installed should work fine.

I would order the DVD for SQL Server 2000 just in case it is needed again. In fact I would go with ECC 6.0 and SQL Server 2005 if possible.

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

That is the plan. I am just testing the upgrade on sand box.

How difficult is to upgrade the SQL server to 2005? Any idea?

Any thing that I should watch for?

Regards,

KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgraded mssql 2000 to 2005 a week ago. It was not that bad. I have no problem.

The reason was that I couldn't change the collation for SAP with the vbs file. After I installed 2005 and executed the vbs file, but it said it did not support 2005 version, so, I installed 2000, changed collation, and upgraded to 2005. When upgrading, you don't have to change the collation, it stays the same.

Thank you.

-cyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KG,

The guide is available at service.sap.com/instguides - other documentation - database upgrade - MS SQL server. Please also refer to Note 799058 and 879941 for extra info.

As Chiyong mentioned, the upgrade should be smooth.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the same version with SAP46C-.bat file (it is in the first RDBMS CD). I believe that there is no vbs file for MSSQL 2000 version. And, don't forget to run instcoll.exe after applying all SPs( sp1, 2 and 4)

Thank you.

-cyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chiyong,

Do you have a copy of DVD 51031281? SP4 is included also.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

There should be a file called SQL4SAP.vbs on the new SQL server 2000 DVD, delivered by SAP.

Best regards,

Victor