Cannot delete System Landscape Definition under Knowledge Management (KM)
When I go to System Administration->System Configuration->Knowledge Management->Content Management->Global Services->System Landscape Definitions->Systems->Content Management Systems. I get the following error when delete a system that is no longer valid:
The following configuration objects are referenced and cannot be deleted:
"11370050" (by "
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/EmptyIndexTaskSalesDocuments",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/e1954a0e-5539-2a10-e0ab-ba0cfba13cb0",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/a1512bee-5439-2a10-86a3-c1bb493fef79",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/EmptyIndexTaskBentleyEvents",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/EmptyIndexTaskMarketingDocuments",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/EmptyIndexTaskBentley_News",
".../Delta Index Crawler Task/9064a451-e93d-2a10-7e8a-9f9d80b8a00e")
The selected configuration objects cannot be removed
This system was left over from the original source configuration when I did a system copy.
Damian Gibbs replied
To clean up the Crawler tasks following a system copy, or deletion of a CM node, follow the below instructions
1) System Administration --> System Configuration --> Knowledge Management --> Content Management
2) Switch to Advanced Mode (Mode --> Advanced)
3) Configuration --> Content Management --> Global Services
4) Scroll down the list to "Related Areas" and select "Scheduler Sequences"
5) Select "Sequence" - It should say "No Sequence available yet in the configuration"
7) Select "New"
8) In the selection box on the right hand side of the screen you should see the Crawler tasks in question (i.e d0f77e0d-4664-2910-078e-dddadb9f96f7)
9) Click on the Crawler task (d0f77e0d-4664-2910-078e-dddadb9f96f7) and it will then take you to the next screen
10) Select "Edit", and then assign it to the correct CM system Node ID (i.e your new one)
11) Repeat this for all the crawler tasks listed in the selection box on the right hand side of the screen
12) You can then go back to the "Content Management System" and delete your old CM system Node ID
Hope this helps