Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 5.0 - Classic Scenario

User U-1 is under the company code C-1

Shopping Cart SC-1 has been created successfully for the Product Category PC-1

Product Category PC-1 has been assigned to Purchasing Org. POrg-1

<b>Question 1)</b>

But back-end POrg-1 has NOT been assigned to Company Code C-1. What will happen to this SC-1 ? Will the PO be created ?

<b>Question 2)</b>

Next....Vendor V-1 has been assigned as Source for the Shopping Cart SC-1.But Vendor V-1 has NOT been extended to the Purchasing Org POrg-1. But it has been extended to the POrg-2.

Will the above SC-1 will be converted as PO ?

Please help. Currently I am doing blueprint. I don't have the system to do the above test.

With regards,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Here are answers to your questions;

Question 1)

But back-end POrg-1 has NOT been assigned to Company Code C-1. What will happen to this SC-1 ? Will the PO be created ?

<b>

Sundeep: No, This PO will be in "Error in Transmission" with a backend application error for a PO. Same as trying to create it directly in ECC, it will error</b>

Question 2)

Next....Vendor V-1 has been assigned as Source for the Shopping Cart SC-1.But Vendor V-1 has NOT been extended to the Purchasing Org POrg-1. But it has been extended to the POrg-2.

Will the above SC-1 will be converted as PO ?

<b>Sundeep: No, it is same as trying to create a PO in ECC directly, it will not allow you to create it. Also this scenario is not practical, as in reality, when you replicate vendors from a backend, it will replicate all Porgs that the vendor is created with, hence this scenario concern is ruled out !</b>

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks for your reply. I have awarded 10 points

>>> when you replicate vendors from a backend, it will replicate all Porgs that the vendor is created with

My understanding is that Vendor replication program just check whether Vendor has been extended to any purchasing org. or not. It doesn't replicate the POrg of the Vendor. If I am wrong, please let me know where (Table/t-code) can I seee the POrg of the Vendor in SRM.

It seems to me that all the Purchasing Org. should be assigned to all the Company codes. So that any user from any company code can place an order for any product category. Is my statement valid ?

With regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Please find my responses in bold below:

My understanding is that Vendor replication program just check whether Vendor has been extended to any purchasing org. or not. It doesn't replicate the POrg of the Vendor. If I am wrong, please let me know where (Table/t-code) can I seee the POrg of the Vendor in SRM.

<b>Sundeep: Goto transaction BBPMAININT or "Manager Business Partners" and click on the Vendor Data tab, you will find all associated Porgs.</b>

It seems to me that all the Purchasing Org. should be assigned to all the Company codes. So that any user from any company code can place an order for any product category. Is my statement valid ?

<b>Sundeep: Not true, you need to understand the MM Enterprise structure and then design the SRM Org strcuture on those lines. Look at transactions OX18, OX17 and OX01 in ECC to understand the Enterprise structure.</b>

Thanks,

Sundeep

Answers (0)