Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA30 Display doesn't reflect values instantly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the PA30 Screen, Infotype - 0006, when the user is updating/creating a Subtype, concurrently another Subtype under the same Infotype must get updated.

I used the FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION in a separate report and Submit this report in the Exit. the database ( Pa0006 ) updates properly.

The problem is that after Getting the message "Record Created", when I go into the Overview Screen or directly click the "Display" icon, the subtype which was to be updated through the exit doesn't show the new value under the subtype at that time. However when I go for "Change" icon or when I come out of PA30 and see again, the values reflect properly.

I have tried NOCOMMIT under HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION or even tried to use COMMIT WORK and WAIT separately.. None of this seems to be working..

Any clue??

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This is because all the data is already there in internal tables of PA30. So it is not reading DB again to show the values. When you start the new session of PA30 or start the session in change mode(DB change will going to happen) then you get your updated value.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Ya that is true! But then isn't the FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION updating the Buffer as well.. i tried to convince the client on this but you know how they are!!

So is their a workaround??

0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

No there is no workaround. May be you can raise this with SAP as an OSS message. Client then need to listen to SAP answer :).

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did find something which helped in a way but not 100%.

After the control retunred to the exit after Submiting the program tried to use the FM CALL FUNCTION 'HR_PSBUFFER_INITIALIZE'. and things looked good for Create and Delete functionality under PA30 for infotype 0006.. what made me use this was the fact that PA30 keeps everything in the buffer and doesn't refresh it so why not clear the buffer and force it to call it again thus ensuring my last saved values would be picked up..

But the "Change" functionlaity doesn't work and it gives a message which means that the Exisiting Infotype Record which i was trying to change doesn't exist...which means here the buffer is not getting forced to be called again...

Guys need some help!!!

0 Kudos

The Change functionality also works fine now...

Modified the Buffer table PS by making the following call

PERFORM update_ps(sapfp50p) USING pskey_1 ps_1.

0 Kudos

what are the values for pskey_1 ps_1

i am assuming pskey_1 is pernr but no idea about ps_1

sudip_samal3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am creating a Custom infotype based on 0008 infotype.I am facing the same problem of data refresh in PA30 and PA20 for the Custom infotype for display and overview operation.Please help me on this as to how to code in the user-exit and the custom infotype module pool program.

0 Kudos

Hi, I just logged in my SAP 300 and I need to register illness. When I type in PA30 in the SAP search menu nothing happens. Usually the page should appear where I enter the personal ID etc. why is this? the page remains the same nothing happens. What should I enter or do?

0 Kudos

Hi frankaq,

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time please note that:

You are adding a comment to an old post that is not likely to get an answer.

I suggest starting a new question and following these guidelines:

I recommend that you familiarize yourself with: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

For example, you can:

- outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)

- share screenshots of what you've seen/done

- make sure you've applied the appropriate tags

The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to respond. Feel free to also take our Q&A tutorial at: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

if you're interested in connecting with community members, please pay a visit to our new Welcome Corner thread with advice from our champions. You'll need to sign up, but it's a great way to interact with peers and get to know other experts!

https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a...

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html

Regards,

Dedi

Regards,
Dedi Metser