cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the next scenario Oracle DB-> XI-> Idoc PAYEXT, now the problem is that I get the error in the message mapping that Mapping not sufficiently defined, my strcutures look fine, so is there a way to know all the required fields for an Idoc, there is no fields in red as in other ocassions indicates mapping required, any suggestions????, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

No there is no constant mapped neither in the original segment or in the duplicated one, why do you ask, is there a restrcition for constants mapping in duplicated segments or somethign like that?

Regards,

Julio Cesar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julio,

After duplicating the sub tree you need to map constant to the root node depend on the occurrence[ for ex: 0..unbounded]. After duplicating if you don't root some constant to the duplicated root node, if you click save everything will disappear. Hence in order to keep the structure, it's mandatory to map constant to the root node. Try both possibilities and let me know.

raj.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh ok I get it, so it's not for developing purposes de duplicate segments, but for only testing, ok i'll try to make this works as the blog suggests, thanks Amir.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilesh,

I'm gonna need this but in another segments in the detail segments, but the problem I'm facing right now is that in the same row from the source message are data for 2 ocurrences of a particular segments so I've tried the Duplicate step as Amir mentioned but when I save the mapping the duplicated segments dissapear and gives me a mapping error cause the target message doesn't have the just dissapeared segments so the source message miss the target duplicated segments, any other suggestions of how can i solve this problem???, thanks again for your answers.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the same row from the source message are data for 2 ocurrences of a particular segments so I've tried the Duplicate step as Amir mentioned but when I save the mapping the duplicated segments dissapear and

-

Are you trying to duplicate this in message mappign while testing?? its only for testing...you can generate multiple segment for testing purpose in MM..but in actual scenario..you need to generate segment instance..as suggested in blog.

Amir, please correct me if I am wrong.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir,

You know what I',ve tried that but when I save the mapping the duplicated segments disappear I'm I doing something wrong in those steps????

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

I think you want to generate multiple segments if input data row is repeating..

You can achieve this by Graphical Mapping..

Check out this blog..

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Please correct me If I got it wrong..

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, by mapping this idoc i'm facing this problem, I need to generate more than one instance for a segment, how is this done? I mean if I do the mapping from some fields of the source structure to the corressponding fields of the segment I can't do the mapping of other fields of the source structure to the fields of the segment that are already in use, can anyone tell me more about how is this done or maybe some blogs, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

in message mapping right click the IDOC node which you want to duplicate and hit <i>duplicate subtree</i>,do this as many times as you want the node to repeat

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julio,

One small confirmation. Did you mapped any of the constant to the root node after duplicating the segments. For example

IDOC -

> You mapped already

IDOC -

>Duplicated subtree [ Map constant to the duplicated sub tree]

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a note, the functional team are really lost with this problem I can receive help form them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone,

first of all an apologie cause Functional Consultant you meant as the module consultant, first I understood as a software Functiona Consultant, sorry for that, and now I'm checking the we60 for the idoc but it does not specify the mandatory fields, any other suggestions? I'm planning to check out the sxmb_moni for those idocs from one R/3 to another to see what fields are in use, but do you have any other seggestions to obtain the mandatory fields?, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

As Aamir suggested, you can used TC :WE60 to check the idoc structure and mandatory fields.

Just in addition to Aamir, In most of the idocs when you assign constant to a idoc segment in order to generate segment you need to populate the mandatory fields of that segment as well. So you need to assign values to mandatory fields of segment only if you want to generate that particular segment ( By assigning constant / mapping input element value for repeatation.)

In you case can you please check if you are trying to generate some segment, but you havent mapped mandatory fields of that segment.

Hope this will help.

Let us know if you need more detals.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri

what is Functiona Consultant?????

Regards,

Julio Cesar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Scenerio states that inbound to R3. A document would have prepared by the team (Functional Team ) stating that what segments has to filled for the IDOC and also as Aamir mention in R3 Tcode WE60 will help you the documentation of the IDOC.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE60 on R/3 side will give u the complete documentation

thanx

Aamir

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functiona Consultant will help you in this case. you are missing some mandatory field in message mapping.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss