Standard Cost/Transfer Price Update for New Year - 01/01/08
We have two mnfg sites which create our materials. The products are costed to obtain a standard price. Our parent company needs these standards plus adds an additive cost to them creating a transfer price. Here's the process:
1. Mnfg sites create (CK11N) or edit (CK40N) material costs for the upcoming year (01/01/08) then mark (CK24) but DO NOT RELEASE.
2. Corporate then creates (CK74N) or changes (CK75N) the additive cost for the materials.
3. Corporate then creates its own material costs (CK11N) incorporating step 1 costs plus step 2 additive costs, then marks (CK24).
At this point, you may only release when the date is 01/01/08.
1. Is there an automation of the release for the upcoming year that can be implemented or does it need to happen as of 01/01/08?
2. Is there a smoother process that anyone has experienced between 2 mnfg sites and 1 corporate headquarter to obtain standards?
3. Using CK24 with a future date such as 01/01/08, the future cost estimate is updated. The only point this becomes "Current" is if we release as of 01/01/08?