cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Serialization(EOIO) using IDOC Adapter throwing Mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Gurus,

The scenario I am working on is IDOC(PAYEXT & EUPEXR) --> XI (ABAP Mapping) --> Flat File (IDOC Structure).

The IDOCS produced in Appl system may be in the following order

PAYEXT

PAYEXT

EUPEXR

PAYEXT

PAYEXT

PAYEXT

EUPEXR

I need them to be processed in the same order into flat file.

The scenario is working good except for the serialization. So I did the following

Created two entries in IDXQUEUE one for each message type with the same Queue name in XI system.

Created a new rule for the queue and an associated function module. Used this rule in partner profile for both the message types. I used the following link to create the above two steps.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

The SAP system in based on WAS 6.4.

I can see the queue name & EOIO in the inbound message header.

I am getting a mapping error in ABAP program. If I inactivate the queue(in Appl system SAP ECC), I don't get any error.

Does anybody had this problem earlier? Please advice.

Thanks

Srini Vaidyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the serialiaztion error clear itself after running the inbound program again?

We get this when objects cross over message types. (we are doing HR interfaces and the Org Data is from a global pool so can be in any message type!)

The program is scheduled to run every ten minutes so these errors get cleared after 30 minutes or so...

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. The messages are sitting in my user defined queue with error. I am unable to re-process them either. I have to delete all of them eventhough only the first one has an error. I cannot process the one's waiting to be processed.

When I don't use the Queue processing the same messages will be processed successfully. So there is some thing triggered when I activate queue processing.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an OSS note to resolve my issue. The note number is 1057573.

Whenever the queue is activated, the sender system will not send the <TABNAM> field value in EDI_DC40 structure. This note addresses this problem.

I found out this by comparing the results from SXI_MAPPING_TEST individually for the message that failed after queue is activated and the message that was successful if the queue is inactivated.

Only thing I noticed now is even if you selected the radio button "Trasfer Immediately" in Partner profile of Appl. system, the messages are not sent. They are getting collected. So we need to manually push them out using WE14.

This forum Rocks.

Thanks.

Srini Vaidyam