cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0EMPLOYEE-Hide sensitive attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through some documentation and searched in SDN but did not find much content on what I am looking for. In BI 7.0, Is it possible to hide a characteristic field in a query? I know we can limit a characteristic by values or nodes, but is it possible to restrict in such a way that a query shows all fields to some users and hide a particular set of characteristics for another set users? Or is this only achievable using two different queries?

The issue is with 0EMPLOYEE that has sensitive attributes. 0EMPLOYEE is being used in all HR reports. Creating a different version of 0EMPLOYEE having all the sensitive attributes is out of questions for us at this point due to time constraints. Is there any way that when we add 0EMPLOYEE to query that we can hide the sensitive attributes from some users?

I know that display attributes can be hidden with authorizations but we do not want to convert some of the sensitive navigational attributes to display.

Any suggestions will be of great help!

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set Authorizations for Nav Attributes also, see below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/c2d0e15ac929bbe10000000a11466f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepu, but how would that solution hide the field in the query? If user does not have authorization to the Nav attribute then it will simply result in No Authorization.