cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Label from Simple Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a requirement to get Label Name from Simple Types. I am following below approach, correct me if it is not right one.

1) Created one Simple Type - Representation Tab - Entered for Field Label and Column Label.

2) In the generated (.xlf), file i have added Resource Name as Texts@buttonLabel, Resource Type as 'button' and text also.

3)In the View, created context variable and mapped this variable to the button Text Field.

But it is not showing label for Button. Is there anything i missed?

Regards,

Learner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the type of your context varibale.

It should be same as the name of SimpleType you are using.

for this when you create the context varibale.. browse the type of this varibale and select it from the local dictionary as the name of simpleType.

Then it will work.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I had done that.

It is working for Labels and Column...etc controls, not working for Button and Table Heading.

It is not working wherever controls are binded directly with Simple Type. For label we are mapping the other controls like InputField and that input field is mapped to the context variable.

If it is working for any one, please help he out how can i resolve this. Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Learner

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Learner,

Follow the steps.

1> Create a simple type(say s_type) with

i) Field Level

ii) Column Level

2> Create a context attribute (say attr1) default data type is string.

3> Change the <b>attr1</b> type to <b>s_type</b> from the properties window.

4> Then Bind the attr1 in Input Field Level. Or in the Table Column where you want.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6e/d162405c910272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Creating the Simple Types</a>

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you changed the type of your Context Value Attribute in the Properties view from String to the Simple Type that you have created. ? If not you need to do so.