cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate data to the GLT0 to FAGLFLEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are preparing to upgrade from SAP 4.6c to SAP 6.0 (ERP2005), but we dont´t have so cleare how to migrate to the new ledger (from table GLT0 to FAGLFLEXT).

We made some esenaries and these ones are:

1. A company code has been executing a technical upgrade to 4.6c to 6.00 this process will be finished on September 30. His commercial period is January 1 to December 31 of 2007; the final closure of fiscal year will accomplished on January 15, 2008. Can I activate New G/L on date October 1, 2008?

This costumer doesn’t have special ledger and parallel ledgers.

2. We made an exercise an activated New G/L inside an upgrade process, the balance of the already tabulated are registered in the classic ledger (GLT0) and the new operations are registered in the new ledger (FAGLFLEXT). <b>How can I translate the balance (migrate data to the structure) to the GLT0 to FAGLFLEXT?</b>

Please, anyone could help me whith this or email me information to this email

ariel.linetzky@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could depend on whether you want to use Document splitting or not.

If you intend to use <b>document splitting</b> in the new General Ledger, activate the function for validating the document splitting in your productive system before the migration date. This means that you should upgrade to ECC 6.0 in one fiscal year, activate document split validation before the end of that fiscal year and <b>migrate to the new General Ledger in the next fiscal year.</b>

If you <b>do not plan to use document splitting</b> in the new General Ledger, you can upgrade to ECC5.0 or ECC6.0 and <b>migrate to the new General Ledger in the same fiscal year.</b>