cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot update certain (not all) BOMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to transfer the correct BOM from engineering to production, I need to upgrade certain (not all) BOMs, when I encountered this error message:

"Serial or batch managed items cannot be defined as backflush [Message 3566-28]"

Anybody has a clue of this error? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor,

If you are doing this from the BOM definition screen, then I would say you should not have any problems.

It seems to be a good work around.

Suda

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what version of SBO you are currently using ?

I think it is application error. Except you upgrade the BOM using DTW where the issuemthd is set backflush in the template.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimmy,

My current version is:

SAP Business One 2005 A (6.80.319) SP:01 PL:20

So far I am comfortable with this version until I met the above problem.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor,

I certainly understand the situation but as I mentioned earlier it is one of the Child Items which is the causing this. The only way is to identify the item and correct it.

Is yoru problem related to locating the Item which is still Backflush or did you already finish checking all levels Child ..Grandchild ...

Let me know how you would like me to help you further on this

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I tried your suggestion only to find it's not feasible. Because my BOMs have hundreds of child or grandchild items. If I am going to locate which child item causing the problem, it will kill me anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is caused by the BOM which "Issue Method" column is "Backflush" and locked (in gray). Other BOMs' "Issue Method" column are "Backflush" but not locked and can be changed to "Manual".

I found a workaround but I am not sure it's risks and impacts:

1. Copy the "Item No." field

2. Clear the "Item No."

3. Try to update, of course you will get an error because blank "Item No."

4. Paste the "Item No." field you just copied

5. Update again, now you are able to proceed

6. The "Issue Method" has been automatically changed from "Backflush" to "Manual"

7. Now you are able to update the BOM as what you want

My question is:

Anybody can tell me if this workaround is legal? I mean any negative effects may occur to the system?

Thanks in advance.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

I suggest to check the table ITT1 and/or ATT1. If it seems there has been duplication in the tables, it means the way out you have performed, should not be done anymore.

I think the very best solution, to escalate this issue to SAP support.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

Appreciate your input. So far I have just played the tricks in my test company, and I won't apply to live company until I am quite sure about this approach.

By the way, any idea to check the table ITT1 and/or ATT1 for duplication?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor,

It seems that some of the components of the BOM have Serial or Batch management turned on.

These Items should have their issue method set as <b>Manual</b>.

In the Item Master > General Tab make sure the <b>Issue Method</b> for the component Items of the BOM is set to <b>Manual</b>.

If you already created the BOM with these Items, then check the Issue Method in the Bill of Meterials definition screen (Production > Bill of Materials) and change them from Backflush to Manual.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I have tried your suggestion but the problem persists. My BOMs usually have hierarchy, like father, son, grandson. I changed from the top, but not reach to the bottom, since it's too many.

The strange thing is that this problem only occurred this morning, and only to certain BOMs.

Thanks.