cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties for the methods in IF_WD_WINDOW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Iam trying to create a popup window in wda application. through code wizard code will be generated automatically for the default method "create_window" so all the available properties for this method will be displayed in the code itself.

But i want to call some methods which were defined in the interface "IF_WD_WINDOW", for example SET_WINDOW_SIZE.

My doubt how to call the methods in the interface IF_WD_WINDOW and how should we know about what are all the available properties for that method, for example SET_WINDOW_SIZE obviously requires window height and width , where can i see all these properties defiend for a method SET_WINDOW_SIZE.

(Through code generator am always getting the CREATE_WINDOW by default, am unable to change this and call any other method )

Please someone clarify my doubt...

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sireesha........

if you want to know the properties of that particular method.....

go to transaction se24.

type the class/interface name.

click on the method for which you want to know the properties.

then click the "parameters" button at the top in order to see its

properties.

you can also click the "documentation" button to see its functionalities.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex

Thank you for ur reply.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aleax,

One more doubt i have in calling the popup method "create_popup_to_confirm". Throught code wizard always "create_window" is getting created but how to call the other popup methods. Do we have to call the method manually or is there any other way to call it?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sreesha.........

you can call any pop up using the code wizard.

just create a view inside a window which has to be the popup and

just mention the wjindow name in the popup.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

No, Iam talking about calling the method : "create_popup_to_confirm " thru code wizard. My doubt is when am creating the popup through code wizard it is always calling the default method which is "create_window". but i want to call the other method which is "create_popup_to_confirm". in the code wizard if am providing my window name, where in which view is also embedded, its only calling the "create_window" method. so am confusing here where should i call this "create_popup_to_confirm" method.

please clarify my doubt.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Use the 'Pattern' option to generate the code. Give your window reference and select the method using F4.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sireesha....

if you want a window which has an ok and cancel button,

use the following code:

.[/code]

DATA lo_window_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_window_manager.

DATA lo_api_component TYPE REF TO if_wd_component.

DATA lo_window TYPE REF TO if_wd_window.

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window = lo_window_manager->CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM(

).

lo_window->open( )[/code]

just check the method "CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM" in the class

"if_wd_window_manager" and pass the necessary values.

-

regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithya,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked to give the window reference and selecting the method in the pattern. But in the pattern only the following options are available.

.Call functions, ABAP object patterns, message,select * from , perform, authorization check, other, call dialog, structured data object etc.,

My doubt is where should i give the window reference and call or select the method.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sireesha,

try using my previous code or the same method "create_window"

will act as a popup. you can do modifications to it if needed.

-

regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In pattern, select the "ABAP object patterns", give the interface IF_WD_WINDOW in class/interface name. Give the reference variable, like lr_window, in the object field. If you press F4 on the method field, it will give you the list of methods available. It is just like using Pattern in any normal ABAP code.

Regards

Nithya

Answers (0)