cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In interact planning, manually created orders are fixed on non working days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here's my problem with SNP interactive planning operation.

In SNP planning table, I do use a time bucket profile (future) where the 3 first weeks are in days, and then the 18 mext months are in weeks.

When I'm entering a quantity (distribution receipt - planned) in a week time bucket, the system creates an order that is fixed (normal), and arbitrarily positioned on the wednesday (wich is the middle of the week I supose...). The problem is that the orders is positioned on the wednesday, even if that day as been defined in the reception calendar of the location as a non working day, wich is wrong !

If I want the order to be placed on the nearest workind day, I have to unfix it and then press enter... That's quite a long and unproductive activity for my SCM team to do everyday !!!

Does somebody know how to force the system to create these orders only on working days please ??? I'm bit lost !

Thanks for your help and regards !

Fabrice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

Try to give some value in the GR Processing Time and check it. Because GR Processing Time always refers the calendar from the location master (Which has the working days in it). Please check it and let us know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried to seaze 1 day for the GR processing time... but unfortunately the result still the same... I still have to unfix and press enter for the order to be automatically well placed.

That was a good idea but.........

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

Can let me know the value of Procurement Type and GR Processing Time for this case?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

That case concerns goods shipment from a distribution center to customers locations flow. For that case, parameters are the same for every products :

Procurement Type = F (external procurement)

GR Processing Time = zero

Many thanks for your research !

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

I hope the location calendar always 5 days a week.

Can you cross with your settings?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike and Siva,

>> Mike : I don't have any problem when using the heuristic, I only have a problem when using interactive planning /SAPAPO/SDP94

>> Siva : here are my settings :

First, I do use factory calendars (SCAL) with holidays calendars, for each location. (like in R/3)

Then, I defined planning calendars (/N/SAPAPO/CALENDAR), based on factory calendar, and with calculation parameter "Working Time Calendar (with Gaps)". For each location, I choose the appropriate factory calendar, and define the calculation rule. For example, for the Belgium location, receipts are only possible on Thuesdays and Thursdays. With those parameters, orders should only be created on Thuesdays and Thursdays that are considered as working days in the factory calendar.

IMPORTANT :

--> it works perfectly :

• when running heuristic / deployment / TLB

• when unfixing the order, and then press enter (for each order !!)

--> it doesn't work :

• when manually entering / modifying a quantity in interactive planning

That's why I'm a bit lost... It works in almost every case, but in interactive planning, the fact that the order is automatically fixed (normal after a manual operation) seems not to allow planning calendar verification...

Hope my problem is a bit more "clear" with those explanations...

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabrice,

I happened to find a setting in the IMG while working today that might help you...

In the "Global SNP settings" section of the IMG there is a setting called Heu:Resource calendar and the SAP description is

"This parameter is valid for the SNP heuristic. It specifies whether the heuristic considers the production calendar of the location or the calendar of the calendar resource when planning in-house production processes."

It sounds like it will solve the issue you are seeing.

-Mike

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also use period factor to determine where in the bucket snp creates the order...

However, I don't know anyway to control the working days...

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since SNP is not a detailed scheduling tool, it really doesn't not matter when in the bucket the orders are created. However there is a setting where you can set it to create at the beginning of the week/end of the week or anywhere in the week called period factor I think.

However this does not sound like the problem you are having. Since SNP heuristics create supply without capacity constraints the heuristic also does not look at the factory calendar for resource availability.

When you look at the capacity dataview if your resource is using the factory calendar for capacity evaluation it should recognize that there is zero capacity on those holidays. So it will adjust the capacity available based on how many hours are available in the day/week/moth etc... based on the factory calendar.

So to summarize if you are in weekly buckets do not worry that the order is on a Wednesday, SNP is not an order scheduling tool. All you really care about is if there are too many orders in your weekly bucket, and since the capacity of the week is reduced by the holiday this should be apparent in the capacity view.

When in daily buckets the capacity should be zero as well on the holiday so the system will either create an alert or recommend that the order be moved when capacity leveling is performed or both.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast reply Mike,

You're right, I know SNP is not a detailed scheduling tool, but the fact that an order is on a non working day is a real problem for me.

I do not use SNP for capacity evaluation, but (in that case) for transport scheduling So I can't take the risk to send goods to a platform on a day where nobody will be there to receipt it (non working day...).

Maybe should I use a user exit to verify location calendar before order creation ?

Fabrice