cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Presently in our co we are doing dunning run manually everyweek, because of which they are getting huge volumes of letters to be posted to the customers.

So now they want to automate this process, to automatically run the dunning program daily, so that the the letters can be sent to the defaulting customers daily.

So now my question is how can we do this automation of dunning process? Can anyone pl explain in detail, the steps I need to follow to get this Dunning automation.

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Please create all the parameters and save them. Once you have done this, go to transaction SA38 and run the program SAPF150S. In the process options, execute the same in background and then have the same run on a recurring basis. This can be done through SM36.

You can then monitor the job with the transaction SM37.

Please let me know if it was of help to you.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would review your plans as there should be some form of manual intervention in Dunning.

If you run it every day, you should find that letters are only produced on certain days if the majority of the customers have the same payment terms.

Can you provide examples of your Dunning levels, the number of customers you have etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your mail.

We have around 400K customers. So thats the reason we have very high volume of dunning letters printed every week.

We currently have 4 dunning levels. Do you need any other details.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK two more questions.

How many customers receive letters 50k, 100k or 200k+

Can you let me know the days in the level.

I.e. Dunning level 1 5 days overdue

2 15 days overdue

3 25 days overdue

4 45 days overdue.

You also need to consider the impact on payment terms and that you could potentially be sending out a level 1 letter for 3 open items and say a level 3 letter for 15 open items, and the wording in level 3 says supplies will be stopped and the wording in level 1 is please pay some time soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

On average around 3K to 5K customers receive dunning every week.

The days interval is as follows

1 for level 1

15 days between the 1st and 2nd level

10 days between 2nd and 3rd

10 days between 3rd and 4th

sorry I could not understand clearly your last para, can you please explain that again .

Please let me know if any other details are needed.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so, if you have constant payment terms you will only need to run Dunning 4 times per chase cycle.

There is no process to schedule these, i would recommend that once you complete a Dunning run, you then schedule the next one, in 10 days for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Though the payment terms are same, the due dates keep on changing, based on the invoice dates.

So I could not understand, how only 4 times dunning would be sufficient? Can you please explain in detail.

So if there is no way we can schedule, we need to do this run manually rite? or do we have any other option?

Thanks

former_member1318783
Participant
0 Kudos

Please try to use E-Mail system instead of printing and sending to customers.

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I tried scheduling a daily job for dunning, but system says 'Program SAPF150V cannot be scheduled'

So I think there is no possibility of automating the dunning.

Presently they are running the dunning once in a week for around 10000 customers.

Now my question is Can I run the dunning at a time for all 10000 customers at a time,

will system give any error. ( Someone told me that we cannot do dunning for more than 1500 customers at a time - Is it true)

Can you please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

The point about 1500 customers at a time is rubbish, I have worked on large projects where 50,000 customers go through Dunning and maybe, 5,000 letters produced.

If you cant schedule Dunning, it will need to be done manually.

It is not a big job to schedule.

The most important thing is to run Dunning on the correct days i.e. when customers move from one Dunning level to another.