cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write access in history section of Key Figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing a problem in which forecast key figures are appearing for past hisotry months. To rectify this problem, we have created a macro which will zero out the forecast key figures for the past history months. When we are running a macro, it is making those forecast key figures zero but when i am saving it, it is not saving with the zero values.Can any one suggest why it is not saving the macro values for the past history months and is there any way to save these values ? Or in other terms can we have write access for couple of forecast key figures for the past history months ?

Thanks in advance !!

regards,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

At least in my case it works to overwrite past data and save it. Did you check the possibility that "0" values are not allowed? That means overwriting the past data with another value eg. 3 and save it.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I have tried to overwrite with value 1, but it is not saving.

Christian, can u do me one favor if possible can u send me the screen shot of your planning book where u are able to over write past values to my mail id kabra23@gmail.com

Thanks in advance !!

regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the screenshot sould be delivered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would advise you to have separate data view with historical period editable i.e. in the data view definition select the check box for "Input"and select the date using F4.

Then you have an option to zero out the KFs manually by making them Input/Output or writting a macro to zero out as schedule job.

Regards,

Mangesh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the planning book data view definition and check what the checkbox next to Input Values is pointing to. the checbox needs to be checked with a date into the history date from when you want the key figure to be editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have made the changes suggessted by you and as of now i am able to save into history section. But all the rows in the planning book are now editable and they are not greyed out. Is there any way where we can make only one row in planning book editable?

Thanks in advance !!

regards

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

To grey out only one KF for all the period go to

Planning Book -- Click on Design --> Right click on the KF need to make uneditable -- > and click on 'output only'.

other way is through Macro.

Vishal..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply. But i want to make only one KF editable i.e <b>not grey out</b> for the entire period in the planning book.

The solution which u mentioned is greying out the KF, which is opposite of what i want.

We are trying through Macro also, but it is not saving the macro values in the past date. it is only saving in the macro values in the future date. if possible, can you suggest some solution ?

Thanks in advance !!

regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

If you want make 1 kfig editable, then follow the path.

Planning Book -- Click on Design --> Right click on the KF need to make editable - > and click on 'input / output only'. and remaining all KFs, make 'Output only'.

This chnage will be applied through out the planning horizon. If you want to change the pas data also the put the input data from starting horizon of the plannning book in design mode.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful...