cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What function name to use when calling an XI RFC Sender adapter?

matt_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I need some help please...

We are trying to setup an RFC Sender adapter in XI 3.0 for the first time. We followed Michal's <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step on how to setup the RFC destination in the sender system (ECC 5.0 in our case) and the corresponding communication channel in XI. We can make a connection from ECC to XI via the destination, but we are getting an error in the communication channel monitor stating that the JCO.Server could not find the server function '<i>message interface name</i>'. We have tried to use the message interface name, the message type name and the data type name, but all return the same error. What function name should we be using and how does this name get registered with the JCO server?

Message was edited by:

Matt Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Have you registered the pragram id properly in sender system ?

Steps to that

1. first create RFC sender adapter in XI and give any name as program id Give Gateway host n gateway service of appilcation system

2. activate it properly

3. program get regiostered on app system

4. go to application system and create RFC destinationn there give the same program id name

now it should work

regards

Sheetal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matt_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I finally figured out my problem. I was expecting the message interface in XI to be the name of the function module that is called by the sending system. After digging through some step by step examples, I realized that the function module needs to be created on the sender system. The only purpose of this function module is to define the message structure. I think it would be good if a message interface in XI could be used as the function module in the sending system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi have a look at these notes

Apply SAP Note 938175

also have a look here

SAP Note 701043

Regards,

Pratibha