cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving: rsardisp program is failing when kicked off with 3rd party sched

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute the write program for the archiving object "IDOC" I notice there are two batch jobs kicked off. The first is called rsardisp and the next is rsexarca. We are using a 3rd party scheduler so I'd like to be able to kick off the jobs without executing SARA and just executing the above programs. To test this out I created two background jobs using TXN SM36. One for each program, linked them, and kicked it off. The RSARDISP job always fails. It does not fail when I use txn SARA.

Does anyone know if I need this job to begin with and if so how do I go about kicking it off myself, without depending on txn SARA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You do not need to run the program RSARDISP at all. When you schedule IDoc archiving via SARA, the program RSARDISP is run first and this program in turn submit/triggers the program RSEXARCA. The program RSARDISP is what is called a scheduling job. The program RSEXARCA is the actual IDoc archiving program. You will only need to schedule program RSEXARCA when you want to schedule IDoc archiving via a external scheduler or SM36.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know!

Answers (0)