Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commit to memmory

Former Member
0 Kudos

we read the help.sap.com --BC ABAP Programming to understand the theory of ABAP --does this mean that we need to commit each syntax to memmory ,

-

Actually I am new to ABAP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to pass an exam, you better know it all. If you are writing programs, F1 and an ABAP book will take you a long way.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

messier31
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide some more details on this ?

Enjoy SAP.

Pankaj Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a help line /else you might search the google with BCABAP programming

& you actually get several pages of study material at your desktop to read

Basically I was going through each & every page trying to follow & memorise the syntax--& this is huge --but is it all necessary

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to pass an exam, you better know it all. If you are writing programs, F1 and an ABAP book will take you a long way.

Rob

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would say that knowing syntax straight off the top of your head is helpful in some regard, but I think it is more important to know how/where to get answers to your syntax questions. Example is being able to find the syntax in the help which you mentioned above.

Regards,

Rich Heilman