cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Alerts for Adapter engine errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we set up alerts for a particular message status in AE? For eg. If messages stuck in status 'To be Delivered' in AE.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But we are in a specific situation where in we need to monitor messages in 'To Be Delivered' status in AE.

No luck with CCMS alerts.

Atleast does any one know of any method / FM that would help read message status from AE, so that we can quickly write an ABAP and schedule the program?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The messages in AF would go in to status to be delivered when there is a problem with adaptor. You can get an alert from the AF if any thing goes wrong with a specific adapter related to a namespace.

Create an alert calss in ALRTCATDEF and create rule in Alert Configuration of RWB. Provide parameters like namespace, interface and service related to the adaptor. it would trigger an alert if the adaptor is in error status.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe NO. This comes within the Adapter Error but message mostly went in the

Holding/Waiting/To Be Delivered state when any one of the message went in System Error.

Message can go in System Error because of may Reason Like target is down, data is not currect for the target systems etc.

So I think it will be good if u send the the Error if message gets fails in AF.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So I think it will be good if u send the the Error Message/ALert if message gets fails in AF.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you cannot define the alerts when the message is in the "TO_BE_DELIVERED STATE"

Follow these guidelines:

Alerts

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

• Auto triggering of alerts

• SCOT

CCMS ALERTS

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/05/xi-grmg-customizing-for-xi-ccms-heartbeat-monitoring-part-ii

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3