cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transfer en speed test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are currently examining the location of a new server for BI. In order to do so, we want to know how much data is currently transferred from R/3 to BW, and also how much data is transferred when calling up a query.

We want both Europe and America to be able to have a good performance when reporting, and in the off-hours when transferring data from R/3 to BI.

Does anyone know if there are any tools in SAP to see how much data is transferred and how look in took, for front-end as well as back-end.

Best regards,

Almar van Pel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are suggesting that by doing the following formula:

Message RSM2 852 (data save in PSA started)

minus

Message R3 402 Information has been derived from data extraction

gives me the exact time of data tranfer from system A(R/3) to system B(BI).

I'm having serious doubts here, as I'm pretty sure there is overhead in the time calculation. (I don't want a $$ decision based on incorrect interpreted or incorrect infomation)

Though, I'm interested in the way you calculate the amount of data. In this case there are a lot of data transfers a day where the amount of records is much lower then the package, where I'm still not sure how to calculate the kb's from package size. How to calculate the size of these packages?

Regards,

Almar van Pel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Siggy,

How are you?

Unfortunately this is just 5 % of the information I need for my evaluation. I need reliable information regarding the amount of data transferred and the time it took. This means that I will have to find out, time it pushes the data to BW (and not extraction time, due to back-end logic which is not relevant for this analysis) and time received in BW both including the amount of data (in bytes, Kb, Mb or any other measurement unit.

Best regards,

Almar van Pel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Almar,

but in the monitor, if you interpret the entries correctly, you get an idea of

a) number of records and time for extraction of each single datapacket

b) number of records and time for updating psa

c) number of records to and from transfer rules as well as time of processing of transfer rules

d) number of records to and from update rules as well as time of processing of update rules

e) number of records updated and time for updating a data target.

Isn't that what you are looking for?

The amount of data in bytes, Kb... is normally given by the size of a datapackage --> no. of records * size of your datasource.

Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto transaction rsmo for details about each load. You can evaluate extraction time as well as the time used for posting each data packet to psa, how long it takes to process the transfer rules, the update rules and how long a update of the data target takes. Additionally you see the number of records extracted, and the number of records updated.

regards

Siggi