cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every time user locked due to incorrect logons

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sdners

please do needful, when i am logging into my system every time it is locked due no of logon fail attempts, actually some other guys might try with my id, so can i find the user or atleast system number. here every employee has unique system. laptop. what is the way to know that incorrect logons tried from which system.....

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member256962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

For finding this you have to activate the security logging of the system via sm19 and view the logs via sm20

Award points if useful

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

May be you could try by Enabling the full trace this time in "SMICM" and then catch up next time. You could reset your password and then can avoid the situation again and again.

Do let me know if it helps you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have app servers ? are you looking SM21 logs in the right server. It should logs the user locks like User XXXX locked due to incorrect logon .

manomeet,

Whats the use of SMICM trace ?

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry , in sm21 it isnot displaying any thing about the failed logon attempts, even i tried for other one that it is also not recorded in ths system. in sm21. so suggest me any alternate way to find that. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhoopati,

Are you using mutiple application servers for this particular SAP instance. In that every server will have different SM21 out put.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can findout this from SM21 system log. Check the system log when the user got locked. You can find this by using change document for user, SU01 --> user name --> Information from menu --> Change document for users.

Locks can also happen if some rfc is running with ur name and having wrong password

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhoopati,

You can find it through SM21. In Sm21 search for the relevant entry for your user id lock. Double click on it and inside you will get the details. You can also adjust SM21 layout also to display the terminal(PC/laptop) details so that you don't have to double click. But this would help you out.

Regards.

Ruchit.